Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primary Data Series

Hi,

Suppose I create a chart with multiple data series; for example. YM, NQ, and ES 5 min data. The first series, YM, is designated as the primary data series. Is there any way to specify a series other than the very first series as the primary data series without rebuilding the chart? In other words, say I want NQ to be my primary series, and want to replace YM with TF? Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hello,

You can change the primary series of the chart by either using the DropDown menu on the chart's toolbar or by typing directly onto the chart.

In your example, you could select the chart and type "TF 12-12" and press enter. The YM would now be set to the TF.

Unfortunately there is not another way to reassign the primary data series to a different "existing" series

Also note: if you left click on a different data series (other than the primary) such that the anchor points appear, when typing in a new instrument it will change the selected series and not the primary.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Lance. This helps. However, can you please clarify the following:

Also note: if you left click on a different data series (other than the primary) such that the anchor points appear, when typing in a new instrument it will change the selected series and not the primary.

I am not sure what you mean by anchor points. Thank you.

Comment

Hello,

Please see the attached image. Notice the second data series the NQ has black boxes on top of it. This is because it has been selected through left clicking

If you are unable to select the data series, please right click your chart -> Properties -> Make sure Allow the selection of drag/drop of chart series is set to True.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Lance. I get it. By the way, you can do this (anchor point approach) even with the primary data series. This helps. Great to know.

Comment

Thank you for the kind words.

Glad to hear it's working for you, please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
            Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
            5 responses
            0 likes