Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Migration issues

Dear Ninja,

I have been running Ninja (6.0.1000.8) on XP and I need to migrate on another PC running Vista. I am using IB as my main data provider.

How can I transfer all my settings (workspaces, chart templates, market analyser templates, strategies, data, connections....) from one machine to the other?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Please see this appendix article: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ataBackup.html
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Josh,

I have followed your instructions. As far as I know, everything is working fine and the transfer seems to be OK except for my custom strategies.

Each time I try to recompile a strategy, I get the following message: "Error on generating strategy" followed by the opening of the file with the following error message "Le fichier de meta données .......Vendor.dll est introuvable" (The meta data file........Ninja trader 6\bin\Custom\Ninja Trader.Vendor.dll is not found).

Although I got this message, the file is there and was imported as specified in the procedure.

Thanks for your advice.

Best regards,

Comment

Did you end up copying your old vendor file over to your new machine? That could be the problem. You ONLY want to copy the files from within the "Indicator" and "Strategy" folders. So the file paths should have been \My Documents\NinjaTrader 6\bin\Custom\Indicator and \My Documents\NinjaTrader 6\bin\Custom\Strategy. In fact, I wouldn't even recommend copying over the system NinjaScripts (any file with @ in front of it). Just copy your custom ones.

To fix, try deleting your whole \My Documents\NinjaTrader 6 directory and reinstall. Then redo the migration.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jpapa, Today, 07:22 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
        116 responses
        1 like