control center freezing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

control center freezing up

I was trying to change from continuous ES##-## contract to ES 12-12 in instument manager. Kept getting the "not responding message & finally the app. closed out. When i reopen NT7 & control center window appears & i go to open workspace to load, (i have several current versions saved) charts try to load but stay in loading cycle. If i go to instr. mgr. & try to utilize, i quickly get a not responding message, so i am essentially locked out.

Hello m.palmer,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

Please advise how many Workspaces you have open and the size of your database file which can be found by going to Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db folder and the database will be named "NinjaTrader.sdf".

In addition, please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please put 'ATTN: Patrick' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the e-mail: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=54151

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Patrick, Thank You for responding, When i go to " mail to support" i am only able to type in some of the info before screen clouds up & says "Mail to support @ninjatrader.com (not responding) & stays frozen.

Comment

Hello m.palmer,

Thank you for your response.

Please manually attach your most current log and trace files to an e-mail to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the e-mail: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=54151

And please advise how many Workspaces you have open and the size of your database file which can be found by going to Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db folder and the database will be named "NinjaTrader.sdf".
        • You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
        • The log file will be named "log.20121127.txt"
        • You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
        • The trace file will be named "trace.20121127.txt"

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

re:control center freezing up

Patrick, also when i go to "Ninja Trader.sdf" a pop up appears telling me no program is associated with the type of file i am trying to open??

Comment

Hello m.palmer,

Thank you for your response.

Please right click on the NinjaTrader.sdf file and select Properties > then advise the size of the file.

I look forward to your e-mail to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

Comment

Patrick, i sent you an e-mail this a.m. with 3 attachments (charts that did open following your latest instr.) Were you able to open these zip files? I'm thinking there might be a prob. in the instrument mgr., but just a hunch.

Comment

Hello Mark,

Thank for your update.

I did not receive the files, please use the following service to send the files: https://wetransfer.com/

Please send your note to [email protected] with ATTN: Patrick - 747714 in the subject line.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                0 responses
                1 view