Collapse

Order exceeded available account equity error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email with log and trace files have been sent to you.

With the strategies I mean all the strategies in the Strategies Tab, these are also visible in charts.
    All these strats are gone when I do a reset, the charts are still there.
    But I always use this workaround: save the workspace to a new name, then to another new name, then reset the account. In this way I always have some backups.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying and sending files.

Unfortunately this is as expected. Strategies applied in charts and the Control Center-->Strategies-tab will be removed upon reset.

Once I finished investigating the files I will let you know.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have been getting the same error messages.
        I have one sub account set up for each strategy, and I cannot reset the accounts becuase I will lose all of the trade history for the strategies. This would be months and months of trade history and strategy performance history.

All of a sudden , this is happening to a bunch of people at once ? I doubt it is something on our end in that case.

Comment

Hello shanemcdonald,

Can you please send me your log and trace files as well. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support. Put 'Att Jason, Order exceeded available account equity error' in the subject header and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Comment

Hi Jason,

I hope that resetting the sim account goes easier in NT8. What can you tell about that?
            Btw, where can I find what is changing in NT8? And when is NT8 released?
            Because looking at your instructions in my email I rather wait for NT8 than doing all that effort now.

The strange thing I see now is that I only see the message at 1 strategie...(?). A strategie running on the FTI 5 min.The others don't give that message till now (and it's the same strategie I am running).

Comment

NinjaTrader 8 is still in development. Unfortunately we do not have an ETA at this time when it will be released.

There will be a webinar on July 2nd regarding NinjaTrader 8 presented by our CEO - Raymond Deux - on Big Mike's forum. See the link below.
              NexusFi social day trading: webinars, education, reviews and platforms

You can find older webinars as well which discusses the changes as per NinjaTrader 8.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell for sure how resetting the sim account will work in NinjaTrader 8. Since it is still in development, it can be still subjected to change.

Comment

Hello trail,

We found that the following scenario will incorrectly generate the 'Order exceeded available account equity error' rejection.

Place a short order on a forex instrument.

Subsequently place an order to a futures instrument.

It will now incorrectly generate the rejection error. Please avoid such a scenario in NinjaTrader 7 to avoid the incorrect rejection error.

This will be resolved in NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                  Place a short order on a forex instrument.

Subsequently place an order to a futures instrument.

It will now incorrectly generate the rejection error. Please avoid such a scenario in NinjaTrader 7 to avoid the incorrect rejection error.
                  This is the exact situation that I am facing. And I can't avoid it since it is the core of a hedging strategy.

Are you planning to fix it in Nt7 as it is a known bug, or is Nt7 totally abandoned?

BTW I am still digesting how could there be such an answer for an apparent bug in a professional platform.

Comment

Hello Zapzap,

I will not be able to confirm if this will be fixed in NinjaTrader 7, however, this is a known issue that our development is aware of.

This has been fixed in NinjaTrader 8.

If have a live license key, they can create a second simulation account. Placing only forex on one simulation account and only futures on the other will avoid this error.
                    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                    47 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post aligator  
                    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes