How to create bollinger band strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to create bollinger band strategy

Hi I'm new to NT and I've followed the strategy examples using the wizard. All that makes sense to me. But now I'd like to make a simple strategy using bollinger bands and I can't figure out how to do it. For example, buy at the lower band and sell at the top. It's a lot of fun trying to code up basic strategies and back test them. Which leads to my second question:

How can I backtest futures, for example YM. The contract is for x months so if I want to backtest for a year I don't see a way to do this.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi cunparis,

To do the bollinger bands please check out the attached picture. To do the reverse case, change the "Plot" to "Upper" and change the CrossBelow to CrossAbove.

To backtest for a year you could try using the ##-## contract. so YM ##-## instead of YM 03-08.
    Attached Files
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Someone can help me build this strategy :
      entry long with 1 contract on emini sp500 if all that condiziona are tre :
      1) when the distance between vwap and the std deviation 2 Lower are in this range of 10 (40 ticks) and 12 points(48 ticks)
      2) the previous condition is true for over 15 minute
      3) the price touch or cross below the std dev 2 Lower

exit when the price touch vwap band

stoploss : 5 point (20 ticks)
      Thank you for your kind

Comment

Hello vonpiplen,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

This thread will remain open for any community members that would like to create this script as a convenience to you.

I am happy to answer any questions you may have about NinjaScript if you decide to code this yourself.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

I recommend that you try creating this script using the Strategy Builder and ask specific questions if you get stuck.

Below is a link to a forum post with helpful information about getting started with NinjaScript.
        https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...040#post786040
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post giulyko00  
        Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
        0 responses