Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rollover date for NG 01-13

Dear,
    are you sure the rollover date is correct? I am using newest version of NT7 but based on what I see in my chart in this new contract I doubt the rollover date for this conract is correct.
    Thank you
    N.

Hello N,

The NG 01-13 expiry is setup by default to rollover on 11/28/2012 which is incorrect. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager. Highlight the NG in the 'Available master instruments' section and click Edit.

Subsequently select the Misc-tab and scroll to the bottom. Select the 'Contract months' row and click the '...' button that appears.

Select the 01-13 expiry month and you will see the rollover date listed. Historical data before this date is loaded from the 12-12 expiry and so on.

You can change the rollover date to a date in the past, so historical data from the 12-12 expiry is loaded before this past date. Please remove and re-add the NG 01-13 from your instrument list after you made the change. Instructions can be found at the link below.

Click OK in the Instrument Manager and create a brand new NG 01-13 chart. Check if data is loaded as expected.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason,
      thank you, corrected.
      But as my system is significantly influenced by exact dates of rollovers I really do need NT to show correct dates, it influences a lot of our results. Last week I had to change rollover date for CL and in September there was kinda rollover revolution. Are you sure that in new version of NT the dates are going to be correct for all NT listed contract months?
      Thank you
      N.

Comment

We will keep an eye out as per the rollover dates that are setup by default. Please note that there is no set rollover date. Rollover date is when most traders switch to the next expiry month.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
        10 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Leafcutter  
        Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes