Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is there a way to disable TOS errors from popping up in NT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to disable TOS errors from popping up in NT?

Hi... I'm connected through thinkorswim. Whenever I get a server error, I get the small popup form, such as "response time too short." It seems that perhaps when TOS is doing maintenance, or has server(s) down for some reason, the feed becomes unreliable. When this happens, like this morning, I get thousands of those popups. It actually just shut down TS for lack of memory. I'm sure there is a way to have those errors just go to the log... How do I disable them?

Hello,

There is not an option through the TDA API to suppress these error messages to the log when they are received at this time.

We're looking to upgrade to the a new version of the TDA API in the next major version, however we do not currently have confirmation of this nor do we know at this time if the new API would give us this option should we upgrade. I know our development team is aware of these errors and are also looking in ways to improve the error handling on our end.

The only way I know to prevent the errors is to go to Tools--> Options--> Data tab--> uncheck "Get data from server"

This option will prevent the automatic fetching if historical data and will require you to force an update on your charts by either right clicking on the chart and selecting 'reload all historical data' or by reloading from the Historical Data Manager. This should at least prevent these errors from being received by NinjaTrader automatically where there are server issues.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
    7 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post loganjarosz123  
    Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes