Can't type a limit price in Control Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't type a limit price in Control Center

Trading the 6E while connected to Zen-Fire, I want to be able to type a Limit Price into the text edit control.

As soon as I type any number, e.g., "1", the control immediately makes the assumption that I want that number to be to the left of the decimal point and it moves the insertion point cursor to the far left and the limit price becomes "1.0000" but that's nowhere near the price I wanted to type. Backspace does the same thing, so it is essentially impossible to type a complete price. The spinner control works, but if the price I want is far away from the listed price, using that control is not feasible. Paste works, assuming I've copied the price I want from the clipboard. But I'd just like to be able to type a complete price, e.g., 1.3018.

Hello tradesmart,

Unfortunately manually typing the price will not work as you experience. Please click your middle mouse button while the cursor is in the limit price field. It will change to the current market price. From there you can use your scroll wheel to get the desired price.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello tradesmart,

Unfortunately manually typing the price will not work as you experience. Please click your middle mouse button while the cursor is in the limit price field. It will change to the current market price. From there you can use your scroll wheel to get the desired price.
      Thanks for the tip about the middle mouse button. I didn't know about that one.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Brevo
      by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes