Interactive Brokers and some other questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Brokers and some other questions

I am currently using Interactive Brokers for placing order. My NT7 version is free trial considering buying full license for single broker or all brokers based on the answer below.

In the account connection for IB I set backup data feed connection as CQG provided by AMP. I first connect IB and then connect CQG. Both of them successfully connected.

Q1: I get error message when trying to have a chart for YM or ES like "Historical Market Data Service error message: No market data permissions for GLOBEX FUT". How can I get their charts correctly without buying IB data and make SuperDom work for them?

The only market data subscribed is HSI level 1 data.

Q2. Could I use this level 1 data to trade in SuperDom?

Hello abcdabc,

Thank you for your post.

Please try connecting to CQG first and test the futures once more. In addition, NinjaTrader will not look to CQG for historical data unless the instrument type is not supported for historical data (futures in this case). More than likely your Interactive Brokers account supports historical data for futures just not all futures.

I recommend reviewing the information at the following link for Multiple Connections: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onnections.htm

The SuperDOM will require Level II data to work properly, Level I data alone will not work.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I tried connect CQG first and it works properly. Does it mean I need a multiple broker license to make it works? I cannot try out now for getting data from CQG but trade using IB with trial license.

For SuperDom, work not properly means it totally cannot work or I can still use it with L1 data but not display properly?

Comment

Hello abcdabc,

Thank you for your response.

A Multi-Broker License Key would allow you to trade into multiple brokerage accounts, but the same items would occur here if Interactive Brokers is connected first. You should be able to connect to CQG first and then Interactive Brokers to see the data properly.

Correct, the SuperDOM will not work with Level I data only.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks I got most questions answered, but another problem is here.

I switched the license key between CQG NT direct and the IB sim to test the chart. Now when I use the NT direct connected with CQG, I cannot choose my live trading account or even the sim account ,just a blank drop down box there. It only provides fresh data and not updated historical data. How to solve?

Comment

Hello abcdabc,

So I may further test your account connection on my end, can you please send me your configuration file?
            • You will find your configuration file in the following directory:
            • (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\config.xml

Once located, please attach the config.xml file to an e-mail to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the e-mail: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=54235

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Email has been sent. I tried to close and reopen for number of times but not working. When I connected to Simulated data the Sim account work fine.

Comment

Hello abcdabc,

I will follow up with you via e-mail.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post ghoul