Delayed data feed with Yahoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delayed data feed with Yahoo

Is it easy to set up and it would be 20 minutes delayed ?

Also how big a resource hog is NT on my laptop, eg download size, and how much does the data build up in your memory if you are using a data feed and market analyser everyday ?

Can you free up space on your PC by deleting old files/data ?

Also my screen size is 9'' horizontal x 5'' vertical. Is that a problem seing as i mostly just want to use the Market Analyser ?

Do i need to use the currently problem Java/Oracle software for NT ?

Thanks for any help sorry about the barrage of questions.

Hello food4wimps.

Thanks for your post.

1.) Setup is very easy. The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Yahoo finance.Click here to take me to the Yahoo Connection Guide

Data is end-of-day data, meaning it's updated once at the end of the day not delayed 20 minutes however.

2.) NinjaTrader takes around 230 MB of my PC's drive space currently, but overall drive consumption is related to what is stored. Older data can be removed.

3.) I would not anticipate this layout being an issue.

4.) NinjaTrader requires neither Java or Oracle.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle,

Blimey that was a quick response. Great stuff.

So if i'm looking for signals that are delayed by 20 minutes a yahoo data feed is not going to do it as it will only be after the market closes that i get the data?

I dont need real time at the moment so is it possible to hook up a free delayed data feed ? Are there any around, and is it possible to hook up a data feed from any of the CFD brokers ?

Thanks for any help.

Comment

Hello food4wimps,

Correct, only historical daily data is supported with Yahoo. Real-time data (delayed or not) is not supported.

I am not aware of such a free delayed data feed. See the link below under 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' which will list all supported data feed providers and what data they support.

The matrix will list 'data feeds only' such as Kinetick and DTN IQFeed, but it lists broker technologies as well such as Zen-Fire and CQG.

The broker technologies can only be used if you have an account at a supported broker partner that uses the broker technology in question. They will provide data in NinjaTrader and will allow you to trade your account at your broker.

The 'data feeds only' will only provide data in NinjaTrader. You will need to have a subscription with one of these data providers to obtain login information, which you enter upon creating a connection.

As per NinjaTrader 7, our preferred market data service is Kinetick. Real time service starts as low as $50 per month. If you trade CME Globex products, you can have these exchange fees waived if you have a qualified brokerage account. This service is only available for NinjaTrader 7. Please visit www.kinetick.com for more detailed information.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes