Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Truncate horizontal price lines on 1 Tick Chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truncate horizontal price lines on 1 Tick Chart?

Hi there,

Is it possible to truncate or shorten the horizontal price lines on a 1 tick, line chart? Please see below. I trade the ES off a 1 tick chart, and often, price will remain at the same level for a long period of time, as the chart rolls to the left. This "pushes off" old price action I consider relevant for my style of trading.

Does NinjaTrader have the functionality to simply plot 1 tick price changes on the aforementioned chart, without consideration for time? That way, when price sits at a given level for a period of time, the chart wouldn't continue to plot a flat line and roll to the left?

Chart settings are as follows (Type: Tick, Value: 1, Chart style: line on close).

Thank you

Here's an example of what I mean:
    Attached Files

A NT chart of "Range Bar" value of 1 might get you close....

Originally posted by Veritasig View Post
    Hi there,

Is it possible to truncate or shorten the horizontal price lines on a 1 tick, line chart? Please see below. I trade the ES off a 1 tick chart, and often, price will remain at the same level for a long period of time, as the chart rolls to the left. This "pushes off" old price action I consider relevant for my style of trading.

Does NinjaTrader have the functionality to simply plot 1 tick price changes on the aforementioned chart, without consideration for time? That way, when price sits at a given level for a period of time, the chart wouldn't continue to plot a flat line and roll to the left?

Chart settings are as follows (Type: Tick, Value: 1, Chart style: line on close).

Thank you

Here's an example of what I mean:

Comment

Hello Veritasig,

Thank you for your post.

I understand that type of display you're looking for. This is likely something which you could achieve through custom programming. If you are not a programmer yourself any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this project for you: http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners....pt-Consultants
      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Sledge. I considered the 1 tick range. Problem is, it "hides" movement within the 1 tick bar, which sometimes can be relevant. 1 tick Renko's are decent, too, while on the subject. But I prefer the actual line tick, for accuracy.

Thanks Kyle. I will talk to the programmers!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post usazencort  
        Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes