Market analyzer generating alerts on an indicator I don't have running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market analyzer generating alerts on an indicator I don't have running

Hi. I'm trying to generate alerts on Market Analyzer. It's generating alerts based on an indicator that I don't have loaded into MA. The indicator I do have loaded isn't generating any. The one that is generating them is an indicator I was running on Monday. Yesterday I ran the one I want to see alerts from, all day without this issue. I've restarted NT, closed/ loaded a new MA, and no change.

Hello,

It could be that the indicator is running in a different workspace which you are not seeing. If the following does not resolve the issue could you please post the indicator you are using so that I may test on my end?
    Located in: (My)Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.

* Shut down NinjaTrader
    * Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
    * Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML".
    * After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
    * Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart and test for issue.
    * *Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Lance, I wasn't married to any of my workspaces, so I deleted all but the active one, and restarted. That appears to have done the trick. Is indicators running in inactive workspaces by design? Just for my understanding...

Comment

Hello,

You are able to have multiple workspaces open at a given time. When they are in the background all indicators and chart data will continue to run. This is by design. Doing so allows users to quickly toggle between workspaces without having to reload each time.

You can check your opened workspaces by going to File-> Workspaces -> All of them listed below "Save Workspace As..." will be actively running even if you do not see them.

You can close them by going to File-> Workspaces -> Close Workspace...

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
        LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post maybeimnotrader  
        Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes