How to display more than one day in Market replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to display more than one day in Market replay

I'm unable to display more than one day of data in Market replay mode.
    I have downloaded data for EUR.USD from 1.1.2012 to 31.1.2012 and I see it in "available data" window. I set the rage from 1.1.2012 to 31.1.2012 and then use "go to" option to go to lets say 18.1.2012. In data series window I have set "5 days to load". Regardless what I set in there I only see data from the beginning of the day I had entered. In this case it is 18.1.2012. If I play the data I can see more than one day. I use 24/7 template.
    How can I achieve to display more than one day on any timeframe?
    Thanks for the answer.

Hello thugg07,

Please use a start date of 1.1.2012 if you like to see all Market Replay data.

Do you have access to a supported data feed provider that offers historical data for the EURUSD? If so, please connect to this data feed and create a chart for the same period. Disconnect and connect to the Market Replay. Subsequently check if you see historical data for 'Days to load'.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Issue displaying data

Because I do not have permission (I guess) to create a new thread....I have to post somewhere and this is as good as any place.

I'm hiding and showing charts in the NinjaTrader platform.

When a chart is given the message SW_HIDE, it does that just fine. When then given the message SW_SHOW, it will display, but it will not respond to mouse clicks trying to show more/less data. If you do a F5, everything is fine.

This seems like a bug in Ninja Trader.....what is up?

Leroy

Comment

P.S. I have an strategy that can create charts on the fly and as many as 12 charts per symbol. I can not find the charts on the task bar, so they are displayed in a form I have created that runs under NT.

This is all unsupported as far as you guys are concerned, but hiding the charts and showing the charts is in your area, so I'd appreciate knowing how to get them to the proper mode after showing them (after hiding them). I'm trying to change the size by using the mouse in the "time" area at the bottom of the chart and it is disabled until I do an F5.

Leroy

Comment

In fact, even the F5 doesn't do anything until the next tick arrives....it doesn't do anything. It just sits there not reponding to ANYTHING.

Leroy

Comment

Actually, I don't even have to hide the window. Just bringing it to the foreground with SW_SHOW causes weird behavior. Any ideas?

Leroy

Comment

Hello Leroy,

"but it will not respond to mouse clicks trying to show more/less data"

Can you please clarify what mouse clicks you refer. Are you referring to (de)compressing the time axis?

I am not quite sure what SW_HIDE and SW_SHOW refer to either. Can you please clarify.

Are you able to restore the charts if you minimize/maximize them using the icons in the upper right corner of each window?

Comment

Should work, but no matter

Jason,

I was sending windows messages to the NT chart window as an external program for testing purposes.

Now, I've moved the code into the strategy and do not need to use external window messages, as I can obtain the chart form and just tell it to hide or show and this works properly.

I don't know if you want it to work properly the other way or not.

Yes, I was talking about compressing/de-compressing data mainly, but it is much worse than that. If you have chart trader open and minimze the chart trader panel it displays some very strange things....but I don't need to worry about that right now.

Leroy

Comment

I see, thank you for clarifying.

If you like me to troubleshoot the very strange things in the chart, please post a screenshot of the chart that shows the issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jclose
                  by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                  10 responses