Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer doesn't backtest after reinstall

Hello,
    I had to reinstall NT7. I ported the entire NT7 directory from the old My Documents to the new one. This includes all the data, all the strategies, all the SA parameter xml files. I re-compiled all the strategies.

Everything appears to be in order.

But when I Run Backtest in SA the screen refreshes immediately with zero results, zeros in all fields of the Summary Tab.

It almost seems like something is not connected with the port. Are there any critical files that needed to be ported from the old NT7 AppData or ProgramData or Program Files folders?

I was able to narrow down the problem to the XML files in Templates>Strategy folder. I had ported them from the old install. The header of the XML files read <Version>7.0.1000.10</Version> . I notice that when I save using the new install (and latest NT7) the XML files reads <Version>7.0.1000.11</Version>.

So I compared the .10 with the .11 and found that only the order of some of the items was changed. Do you have a converter from .10 to .11? Or can you tell me what needs to be converted so that I can use a batch file manipulator? I have a ton of XML files which would take me very long to manually redo and resave.

I've tried saving the XML then closing NT then coping the old XML then starting NT then Run Backtest in SA. No luck. What's different about .11 from .10?

I'm running Win 8 64bit. I tried both NT7 32bit and 64bit. No backtesting.

Regards.

sajosh, I'm not aware of any critical changes in this regard so it would render your backtesting capabilities problematic - if you just backtest for example the SampleMACrossOver from us on your chart data, same outcome for you?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,
      thanks for your reply. Backtesting does work. That's not the problem.

The problem are the XML files that I ported from my old NT7 install to the current install. The SA saved parameter XML files that I ported don't run. When I delete the XML files an create a new XML file, then SA runs.

How can I get SA to run on my prior saved parameters?

Comment

Hello sajosh,

Thank you for your response.

There is no converter from .10 to .11 as the XML should not need any changes. The version number in the header should not effect the .XML files.

Please send a note to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with the Strategy Template .XML file attached to your note so I may investigate this matter further.

Please put 'ATTN: Patrick' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the e-mail: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=54485

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Found the problem. My userdefinedmethods.cs had custom code which pointed to a folder that didn't exist. So the SA couldn't find the folder and stopped. Turns out the NT log file had that error in it. I just didn't look there.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Spiderbird, Today, 12:15 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Spiderbird  
          Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post WHICKED