How do I sue Microsoft ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I sue Microsoft ?

PC has been on "allow me to choose when to install updates"... had an overnight trade with ATM setup on ES futures.

I just woke up to a total reboot.

there is no way I changed this.
    Attached Files

Hello sledge,
    For critical updates Windows will restart your PC. A message box however will let you know that Windows will restart your PC after X hours/minutes.

Please refer to this link for more details.
    Windows Update's automatic reboot can be one of the most annoying "features" in Microsoft operating systems. While it's a bit less pushy with Windows Vista and 7,...
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
      PC has been on "allow me to choose when to install updates"... had an overnight trade with ATM setup on ES futures.

I just woke up to a total reboot.

there is no way I changed this.
      Is there anything in the Event Viewer that tells you when the change occurred?

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
        Is there anything in the Event Viewer that tells you when the change occurred?
        Nothing about changing the frequency of "Important Updates" changing TO "installs updates automatically (recommended)" from "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them".

The updater took over around 3:00 am.
        The reboot(s) happened after that and was finished by 3:30 am.

I had installed this system new back in January, and I'm sure I would have been caught by this "reboot" since then if I never did change it from "Install updates automatically". I usually do the updates on the weekend reboot if needed.

I was concerned since I thought ATM orders resided on my local machine, but it appears in ZenFire they are at the server.

Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

Maybe this is why I always get stopped out in the morning hours right on the dot.

My NT chart listed the sell at the wrong point when I reconnected at 8:15 am. 1425.25 doesn't exist between 1426.50 and 1428.50.

My account statement should show the correct time it sold this morning, I'm assuming around 5:09 am bar.

Well long day at work. Time to veg out.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sledge,

I'm running Vista x64, and currently have an uptime of 3 months. Update settings are on "check for updates but let me choose wether to download and install them" No updates until I push the button. Just do the updates on each patch Tuesday and you''ll be fine. Security Essentials will update each scan independant of the other updates.

Microsoft needs to fix these updates asap so they do not require a restart anymore.

Comment

Critical system update always will need reboot.
            My setup is, strip the system to bear minimum (http://www.overclock.net/t/1156654/seans-windows-7-install-optimization-guide-for-ssds-hdds"]here[/URL]is a good start, if not for ssd then just focus on stripping down windows7.

Then adjust firewall setting to make sure Ninja and your strategy is working.

Then just DISABLE windows update.

This is of course assuming the machine is a dedicated auto-trade and for no other purpose.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
            115 responses
            1 like
            Last Post kevinenergy  
            Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH