X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer do not display price data

Hi,
    See images of 3 exchanges stocks which shows different results:
    (each image has 3 windows: Top window shows Market Analyzer, middle window shows Chart and bottom window shows Historical Data)

Screen HK: This one shows all data and chart display OK!

Screen SG: This one shows no price data display on Market Analyzer. Price data, volume, chart date all OK.

Screen S&P: This one shows no price data display on Market Analyzer, chart date and date from historical data do not match. Price data, volume all OK.

All screens are using the same template for Market Analyzer. Please advise:
    a. Why no price data display on Screen SG and Screen S&P?
    b. Why the date display on chart is different from historical data for Screen S&P?

Regards,
    Toyogo
    Attached Files
    Last edited by toyogo00; 12-15-2012, 04:08 AM.

Hello Toyogo,

Who are you connected to? This will be displayed in the lower left corner of the Control Center.

Is the end date on all of the charts set to 12/15/2012?

Also, do you see any updates inside the Time and Sales window for those instruments as well?

Happy to be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi JC,

Thank you for your reply. My answer as below:

Who are you connected to? This will be displayed in the lower left corner of the Control Center.
      I am connecting to YAHOO (only one connection).

Is the end date on all of the charts set to 12/15/2012?
      I have set the end date on the charts set to either 12/14/2012 or 12/15/2012, but the chart looks the same issue, i.e. no effect on date setting!

Also, do you see any updates inside the Time and Sales window for those instruments as well?
      No, as I am doing all these charts analysis after trading hour!

Regards,
      Toyogo

Comment

Toyogo, thanks for the reply - which session templates are you using for those stocks and in which time zone is your PC set up?
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

I am using default for S&P (come with the installation), HK is using HKFE and SGX is using SGX future. (they are all ok). My PC is set to GMT + 8 (Singapore, Hong Kong time zone).

I do understand there will be time zone different between Asia and US market. However, I am using the EOD with Daily only, the date on the chart should follow the date data in the historical data.

In fact, the date different is still acceptable to me. My main issue is question (a), Why no price data display in Market Analyzer! I only do so after trading hour of that particular market!
          Regards,
          Toyogo

Comment

Toyogo, the Yahoo connection is not a real-time feed providing you with a continuous Level 1 data stream - the data would update whenever Yahoo would update their daily data.

For the session I would recommend using a template created in your native timezone, so for example the HKFE one > this should correct then the daily data date alignment you witnessed.

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

I've highlighted that I am only analyzing market after trading hour and I do not require real time data feed. (only EOD daily) and my main issue is no data display in Market Analyzer (see Screen SG and Screen S&P).

For the session, I've created template that using the Asia time zone i.e for SG from 9am - 5pm. for HK, 930am - 430pm.

I've just found something very interesting. see image, it is initially only display the price data from first row (526.SI). If I select the next row and press F5 (Reload NinjaScript), then the price data will be displayed but each time only one row.

Regards,
              Toyogo
              Attached Files
              Last edited by toyogo00; 12-17-2012, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Toyogo, the Yahoo connection is unfortunately not a real time feed, which would be needed to fully drive the MA updates as expected. As such I would expect the inconsistencies you've seen from this use

Comment

Daily Last Price using EOD Kinetick

When connected to EOD Kinetick prices do not show in Market Analyser?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

The Kinetick EOD connection is not a real-time feed providing you with a continuous Level 1 data stream - the data would appear in the Market Analyzer whenever Kinetick would update their daily data.
                    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks,
                      Seems a bit strange as the price is updated on the daily charts ?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by junkone, 04-21-2024, 07:17 AM
                      10 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                      Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
                      6 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post tsantospinto