Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loading historical data - Overwrites?

Hi,

I have the kinetick basic fed, and i'm downloading historical data. I have previously used txt files, and am wondering if when i load the data for an instrument it will overwrite this txt based data (min and tick), or just skip it. I trust it would not add to the tick data more trades?

Wondering if i need to delete the txt data first then load.

Cheers

Hello Aussiemike,
    Thanks for your note.

The previous data will be overwritten and you dont have to manually delete any data while importing new data via Kinetick.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

one more quick question if i may.

if i set the load to the last 2 years for min and tick will it be slower than doing the approx 120days of tick avail and 2 years of min data separatey, or can it skip past waht it does not have quite quickly?

Cheers

Comment

Hello Aussiemike,
        More the data you load, more it will be slow.

If you want to download data for selective days only the you can use the Historical data manager to do it. Please refer to our help guide to know more

Comment

My understanding is there i only about 120days of historical tick data?

So what i am saying is if i selected tick data and put a year is that going to take much longer than selecting the specific 120days of data available. As there i no dat beyond 120days im not loading more dat, but how quickly does the loader know that dat is not there and to skip?

Wondering if i should select 2yrs and TICK AND MIN data then let it run or will requesting 2yrs of tick dat take forever EVEN if it does not exist?

Is there a site online where i can get accurate numbers on what data is available specifically for what instruments and timeframes?

Cheers

Comment

Hello Aussiemike,
            NinjaTrader will make the query even if you connectivity provider dosent have the necessary data (for x days back). However since no actual data is being pulled the delay would be insignificant.

Unfortunately I am not aware of any page/site where you can find the list of available data (both instrument wise and time wise).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes