Phantom contract refuses to die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phantom contract refuses to die

I'm running NT 7.0.1000.9 on a WIN Sys 7 computer - and have run NT since v7 was a beta. What I'm about to describe I haven't ever seen before - and don't know how to resolve. So, here we go.

Today ~9:20 while running some SIM trading with 2 YM contracts, I had a hiccup in my computer that caused it to lock up then shutdown (so needless to day, I lost internet connectivity AND NT/Zen-Fire exited in a non-graceful manner). When I restarted the computer and returned to the Workspace I'd been working in prior to the computer glich I noticed that the trend had passed my target, but it wasn't detecting that and was showing the 2 contracts as still being active. So now is when it starts to get weird... Wanting to take profit on 1 of the 2 contracts I used the Stop-Loss to force the closure. But, after there was only 1 contract active - the 'Phantom contract's' Target was still being shown in the charts in the Static SOD. I was able to exit the 2nd Contract normally, and put on and take off another pair of trades - but still the 'Phantom Target' lingered. After I was done with my trading of the day, I've taken the following steps to try to resolve this issue myself:
    • I shut down NT gracefully and restarted my computer and restarted NT
    • I tried to click on the "X" on the Static SOD and chart(s) to kill the 'Phantom'
    • I went into Control Center\Executions and tried to 'Cancel' the 'Phantom'
    • I tried repairing the DB
    all to no avail. So, what do I need to do to kill the 'Phantom'?

Hello ohtrader,

Thank you for your post.

Please contact me via email at Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com

In the message, please include a link to this forum thread as well as a copy of today's trace file. You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I'll need the 'trace.20121217.txt' file please.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by trilliantrader, Today, 03:01 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post helpwanted  
    Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes