Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CL Rollover Dates

Hi there,

This is the second month in a row that I find wrong rollover dates for CL in the instrument manager ... for CL 01-13 it was a full week off, for CL 02-13 it is 1 day off: it shows the last trading day of CL 01-13, where it should customary be 1 business-day before the last trading day.

Can something be done to double-check the rollover dates at your end?

Thanks in advance,
    Dominique

Hello Dominique,

NinjaTrader has rollover dates setup by default, however it can occur it is off a few days. Please note that there is no set rollover date - it is when most traders switch to the next expiry month.

You can change the rollover date for the 02-13 expiry to today.

Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the CL and click Edit.

To change the rollover date, please click the Misc-tab and select the 'Contract months' row at the bottom. Click the '...' button that appears. Select the 02-13 expiry and change the rollover date on the right side.

Once you made changes to the CL instrument, please remove and re-add the CL 02-13 to your instrument list. Highlight the CL 02-13 in your instrument list and click the arrow pointing to the right. Highlight the CL in the 'Available master instruments' section, set Expiry to 02-13 and click the arrow pointing to the left.

Reload historical data in the CL 02-13 chart or create a new one.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did a switch today but the data is bad. What could be the reason (please see attached picture)?

I come from GMT+3 and source is CQG with free version of the newest Ninja Trader which is running in Windows 7.
      Attached Files

Comment

My data is off too. See my thread. I'm using a different data feed, ZenFire.

Comment

What rollover date are you using? Did you change it to today as per post #2?

Comment

Sorry. I didn't see your post. Patrick helped me in my own thread. Have a great day.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              What rollover date are you using? Did you change it to today as per post #2?
              I followed the instructions in post #2 and that did the trick.

It is okay now.

Comment

Hmm. I had CL 01-13 running today.

At one point I switched to CL02-13 but without switching that rollover date. (Later on when I checked it was today's date.) CL seemed to rise by about 50 ticks. This was at 12:30 Eastern Time. It showed the same price on the DOM as on the charts and price was obviously moving.

But when I then about half an hour later opened a different and new chart with CL 02-13 the price was totally different, and when I rechecked what had happened at 12:30 Eastern Time there was no 50 tick rise at all.

Is that what can happen if the roll over date is not changed? If so, I guess I can count myself lucky to not have taken any live trades that moment. But if I had, what actually would have happened? Because obviously, I would have entered short or long on a chart that obviously did not reflect the actual price of CL in the market.

I have now changed the roll over date to yesterday's date. Is that correct now? And how can I be sure?

sandman

Comment

Hello,

This is a result of the merge policy we had set the CL 02-13 rollover date as the settlement date, however the volume has shifted before this. As a result, if you try to load the CL 02-13 before the set roll over date, it will merge the current 02-13 contract into the CL 01-13 contract and you will see a spread between the two contracts.

Had you placed an order, it would have been sent to the CL 02-13 contract.

As long as you have set the rollover date to a date before today, you should not have any issues with this. As far as the correct chart, this depends on when you want the CL 01-13 to merge into the CL 02-13 contract.

Moving forward, we are correcting the rollover dates for the CL to occur a few days before the settlement.
                  MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hello Matthew.

Thanks. I now have CL02-13 loaded AFTER I had set the rollover date for that contract to yesterday,17-Dec.

Should that give me the correct market data for the charts?

sandman

Comment

Yes, that should give you the correct historical data. You will only have issues if you try to chart a contract before the programmed roll over.
                      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

6E problems

Today I tried to open 6E chart but data is missing between 2:26 - 13:21 (UTC+3). Fix described in post #2 does not give any help. Please see attached copy.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello prosentti,

I assume you connect to CQG in NinjaTrader.

I tested 6E 03-13 on my end and I am not able to load all historical data either. There is data loaded up to 7:25 PM EST yesterday for the currency futures, however there is no historical data after that.

I have sent an email to development regarding the issue. Once there is news regarding the matter, I will let you know.

You can enable 'Save chart data as historical' at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab to save all real-time data you currently receive as historical data. Please do not reload historical data in the chart for now or else it will load the missing data again.

Comment

Yeah, this was the case.

Thanks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                            Hello prosentti,

I assume you connect to CQG in NinjaTrader.

I tested 6E 03-13 on my end and I am not able to load all historical data either. There is data loaded up to 7:25 PM EST yesterday for the currency futures, however there is no historical data after that.

I have sent an email to development regarding the issue. Once there is news regarding the matter, I will let you know.

You can enable 'Save chart data as historical' at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab to save all real-time data you currently receive as historical data. Please do not reload historical data in the chart for now or else it will load the missing data again.

Comment

Unfortunately historical data will be missed until next weekend during which it will be restored. The following instruments are affected:
                              • currency futures (6A 03-13, 6E 03-13, etc)
                              • DX 03-13
                              • ZC 03-13
                              • ZW 03-13
                              Our apologies for the inconvience.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 07:51 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes