NT displaying incorrect prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT displaying incorrect prices

NT is acting VERY strangely. Prices are disappearing and I can't explain why!

I closed my trades at near 88.60 on the Feb 13 NYMEX CL contract at around 11:10 this afternoon for lunch and reopened NT to find that prices have shifted. My resistances drawn earlier this morning have shifted higher and are no where near where I drew them.

Whats even worse the chart says prices never reach 88.60 today when clearly my trade log says I closed the trade at that price! This is INcredible! Any suggestions?

I cant believe I'm seeing what I'm seeing right now. Trades taken at 9:00 am this morning at near 88.30 on the same Fed CL contract doesn't match up to the Feb CL charts. Charts say prices never reached that price this morning. Wow.
    Last edited by Kyu012; 12-18-2012, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Hello Kyu012,

Since the CL 02-13 is not defaultly set to roll over until 12/19/2012, if you have the Merge Policy Set to "MergeBackAdjusted" the real-time data will be from the 02-13 contract but the historical data will be from the 01-13 contract.

You may manually change the roll over date if you like by following the steps below:

* Open the Instrument Manager by clicking Tools -> Instrument Manager.
      * In the Manager, select CL from the list on the right then click Edit to open the Instrument Editor.
      * In the Editor, navigate to the Misc tab and scroll down to the Contract Months section - select that property then click the '...' button which appears.
      * In the Contract Months menu, select 02-13 and change the rollover date to 12/18.
      * Click OK to exit the Contract Months menu.
      * Click OK to exit the Instrument Editor.
      * Click OK to exit the Instrument Manager.
      * Restart NinjaTrader.
      * Reload All Historical data

See attached picture.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
      Attached Files
      JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason. That worked well.

In the future will I have to do that manually every time I decide to trade the next month contracts a few days before the rollover date?

Comment

Hello Kyu012,

The settlement date for the 01-13 not until 12/19/2012 which is what NinjaTrader is set to by default.

With that said, there is no set rollover date. Depending on your trading style, most people set the rollover date when most traders switch to the next expiry month which happened today there is more volume on the 02-13 instead.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
          JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
          Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes