Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Saving drawn lines, ma's, etc. on template?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving drawn lines, ma's, etc. on template?

I'm assuming NT still doesn't have a copy and paste for charts which would make a world of difference for me and others, but is there at least a way to save drawn support and resistance lines, pivot points, ma's, indicators, etc on the chart template so we won't have to go through the whole process of reloading a new chart with all of the above. A copy and paste such as that many of your competitors have would be a huge boost for NT charting, again, assuming you still don't have this very, very important feature. Thanks!

Hello chris777,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum.

Indicator settings like Pivots and MA's can be saved to a template and applied to any chart. Please see this link for more information: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._templates.htm

In terms of drawn objects, do you intend to apply these to charts of the same instrument or varying instruments?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle, I plan to use the drawn lines on the same instruments. By the way, I currently have only free demo version of NT, in case that's a factor.

Comment

Hello,

In that case, you can apply the drawing objects to all charts by double-clicking on the drawing object to open it's properties menu then setting the 'Attach To' drop-down menu to it's All Charts option.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kyle! I got all your suggestions to work for me. Still nothing like having the good old "copy and paste", especially when the chart is full of drawn objects, so hopefully NT is working on that.

Comment

Good news! I've found that I can also transfer, via templates, all of the drawn horizontal lines at the same time as the moving averages and price alerts, which means you can actually "copy and paste" everything on the chart, but just not quite as quickly as the standard "copy and paste" most are used to, but still WAY better than I had thought was going to be the case. I had thought from reading above that EACH drawn line and other drawn objects had to be manually transferred, which could get pretty tedious if you have a lot of drawn lines, etc.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post fitspressoburnfat  
            Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
            1 response
            0 likes