Getting chart problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting chart problem

Hello. Unfortunately I can't get chart data for F2MX (MDAX Futures, Eurex) and LE (Live Cattle, CME group). I can see orders in Super DOM, but when I try to create a chart I see empty window only.

What I have to do?

P.S. I use Zen-Fire as a real-time data provider. I have a connection to IQFeed and I can use it if it's nessesary.

Thanks in advance.

Hello dcheg,

Unfortunately historical data for these instruments are not supported on the historical data server that is used when you connect to Zen-Fire. You can save all real-time data you receive in charts by enabling 'Save chart data as historical' at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab.

I suggest to disconnect Zen-Fire and connect IQFeed and subsequently check if you are able to load historical data in charts.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your advice. I can load chart data for these instruments via IQFeed. But I would like trade using Zen-Fire (because I use IQFeed for other purposes). When I load historical data for F2MX from IQFeed, after this I reconnect to Zen-Fire and try to set up a strategy, I see this message "Error on loading chart data for F2MX-1212. Ninja Trader data server does not support this instrument, no data available"

What am I do wrong?

Comment

Unfortunately the error is as expected because the historical data server does not support this instrument. Eventhough you already have historical data loaded, it will try to load data again once you connect to Zen-Fire.

Comment

This error message is not a problem. The problem is chart data for this instrument are not refreshing when I connected to ZenFire. Therefore I can't to make a trades. Orders in SuperDOM I see OK.

Comment

If you receive real-time data in the SuperDOM, you should be able to receive real-time data in charts as well.

Can you please check the items listed at the link below which can explain why charts do not receive real-time data.

Please note that the chart will only receive data once a tick change occurs. If the price remains static due to very low volatility, you will not receive data in the chart until a price changes happens.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post inanazsocial  
            Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes