Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imported Data: Unable to load historical data

Hi,

I have an important data that is not available by any data feeder. I use that data as an indicator. Now the problem is whenever I connect to Kinetick or any other data feeder, I got an annoying message "Unable to load historical data". Of course I know NT cannot load the data from the data feeder but since it has the imported historical data, cannot NT read the imported historical data directly? Is there anyway to let NT read the imported data instead of trying to find data from data feeder? For now, in order to use this imported data, I have do discount all the other data feeders and then press F5 to let NT load the imported data, otherwise simply nothing shows. This is fatal problem because during the trading hour, I cannot use the real time data because I cannot connect to any data feeder if I want to use the imported data. Anyway to workaround this?

Thanks.

Hello CobrasMarketView,

You may uncheck the option to "Get data from server (if available)" under Tools -> Options -> Data tab so that way NinjaTrader will only try to download data for an instrument when you specify. That way you can setup your chart how you want it, connect to your data provider and it will not try to download any historical data unless you specify it to.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
      connect to your data provider and it will not try to download any historical data unless you specify it to.
      Thanks. But how to specify to download? I was afraid if I set that option, the historical data won't be downloaded automatically for all the symbols that are available from data feeder.

Comment

Hello,

Unchecking this option will disable the automatic fetching of historical data when you connect to your data provider.

To force a reload for an instrument, you will need to right click on the chart and select 'reload all historical data'.

Alternatively, you can download data from the Tools--> Historical Data Manager--> Download tab.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes