Unable to connect to database error on 32bit NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to connect to database error on 32bit NT

Unable to connect to database error when running the 32bits version of Ninjatrader. No problem with 64 bits. HOWEVER, TD connection does not work with 64bits version of NT

I have SQL Server 2012 install on the system.

Hello cw30000,

What is the full message?
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The full error message:

Unable to connect to database 'Data Source="C:\Users\Users\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\NinjaTrader.sdf"': ObjectSpace: Connecting String is Invalid - Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Comment

Hello cw30000,

Thank you for posting the message.

NinjaTrader requires various Microsoft components to run, one of which is SQL compact Edition. Currently you may not have SQL Compact Edition or possibly have the incorrect version of SQL Compact Edition installed.

Please follow the below steps to ensure the correct version of SQL Compact Edition is installed on your PC. If you are not entirely comfortable performing the steps below, please let me know and we can setup a time for a remote support session.

Navigate to the Windows Control Panel
        Add and remove software/programs
        Uninstall any SQL Compact Editions you see, if none are present you may ignore this step and continue onto the next step
        Install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 which is available here: Download Here
        Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract the installer to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to quickly locate later, such as the desktop
        Navigate to the aforementioned directory in which the files have been extracted to (there will be two files)
        SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi - Run this one first
        SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi - No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system, if you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file, if you are not sure if you have a 64 bit system go ahead and run this file. If you are not using a 64 Bit operating system, the installer will cancel itself automatically
        Follow the installation steps outlined in the installation wizard
        Once installed you will need to restart your PC
        You will now be able to launch NinjaTrader 7

If you are unable to launch NinjaTrader 7, please let me know.

Comment

Unable to connect to database...

Check this one out...32 bit NT. Will NOT start at all...
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello canaussieuck,

For this message, please rename your database with the following steps :

Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
            Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> DB--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
            Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
            Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
            Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost – ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments and historical trade execution data

To prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise to run regular backups via our inbuild backup feature in NinjaTrader - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...up_archive.htm

Comment

I've done that and it gives me the same error again.

Comment

Hello canaussieuck,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: ChrisS" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                1.) A link to this forum thread. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d.php?p=317055
                2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt

Comment

Got this fixed by downloading the new version of NT, installing and then renaming the DB file...Phew! Backing up is also a smart idea....

Comment

Hi, I'm new at Ninja.
                    Can you please tell me how I may open a new post ?
                    Thank you
                    [email protected]

Comment

Hello fliesen,

To create a new thread you must be logged in to the Forum. If you are not logged in or do not see your user name in the upper right of the window please enter your forum user name and password in to the box at the top right of your browser.

Once logged into the forms, please scroll down the list of Categories and click on the category pertaining to your new thread.

Once inside the category look above the thread list on the left you will see "New Thread"

Select "New Thread" to start your new thread.

Comment

Perfect, thank you

Comment

May I report a new problem here ?
                          When compiling a strategy, I get this error message: "

Impossible to find the metadata file "...NinjaTrader.Core.dll

Yet, I do see this file in my Programs/NinjaTr.7/bin directory. Therefore, why do I face this issue ?

Comment

Hello fliesen,

This indicates you are missing some required reference DLL's or have corrupted ones listed, please follow the steps below to rectify the errors.

* In Control Center menu bar go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator
                            * In the indicator dialog select any indicator and click on the 'Ok' button.

This will open the NinjaScript editor for you :

* Right click in the code section of the NinjaScript editor.
                            * In the context menu click on 'References'
                            * In the Reference dialog, if a reference to the noted DLL files exists already then select the DLL's which are giving errors one by one and click on the 'Remove' button.

After removing, add back the reference with the right path :

* In the Reference dialog, Click on the 'Add' button.
                            * Select all the missing DLL's (located in the NinjaTrader installation folder, typically C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin or C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 7\bin ) and then click 'Ok'.
                            * Compile the indicator now by pressing F5.

The issues should be resolved and your NT should be again in properly compiled state.

Please also see the section "How to add a reference" from our help guide
                            JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Great, that error has gone, however now I got another message: "The name Ichimoku doesn't exist in the current text".
                              This name occurs as an indicator in one of my strategies: do I have to initialize it somewhere ?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post arvidvanstaey