Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

missing/corrupt data connected to esignal data

Hello,

I am seeing missing / corrupt data connected to esignal data using Esignal OnDemand with TDFX Data for forex for the following symbols: GBP@TDFX A0-FX, EURGBP@TDFX A0-FX, GBPJPY@TDFX A0-FX, AUD@TDFX A0-FX, AUDJPY@TDFX A0-FX. I am using 20 minute chart but can replicate on other minute charts as well. The data in question exists roughly between 8:20 and 10:20 AM Pacific Standard Time on 12/25/12. I attach charts showing the GBP example. When accessing the same data using esignal charting on a 20 minute chart I see proper data with no corruption or gaps which leads me to believe data is ok so this could be possible Ninja Issue. I attach a chart showing the GBP example for both Ninja and Esignal charting. The other symbols have similar sorts of issues. Any assistance would be appreciated.

thanks,
    Attached Files

Hello neptune,
    Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately eSignal OnDemand is not officially supported by us.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Interesting. So what about that exactly makes it unsupportable? Is it the access via esignal of data specific to TDFX via that symbol. I am simply asking for data for a symbol from the esignal data manager which I believe you support. Esignal On Demand is simply a subscription type for esignal which only gives me forex data for a single data vendor, TDFX, and not the aggregated forex data. So I can only access TDFX forex data symbols. Do you not support access of any of the possible symbols provided for forex data from the esignal data manager? If I had not indicated I was using OnDemand but just said I was accessing those symbols would you be supporting it? Can you elaborate?

thanks.
      Last edited by neptune; 12-27-2012, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Hello neptune,
        To assist you further may I know, are you connected to any other 3rd party application? If so then please disconnect from it.

Also our supported eSignal client is version 10.6.2124. Please make sure you are using that version only. If not then please download and install it from here

(you have to uninstall any other versions).

Comment

I am not connected to any other third party application, only using the esignal client. I am using version 10.6.2124 of the esignal client, in fact I reinstalled it to be sure before formulating the initial posting here.

Also on further examination, most if not all forex pairs I try to access have missing bars / data corruption in that approximate time area. the problems are more subtle in some cases. In addition I have tried several times to refresh my chart data for all charts with no success.

Also in addition I have successfully viewed these symbols via esignal using another competitor charting application. So Esignal charting and another competitor work properly, but Ninja has the problems indicated below. That leans me toward thinking there is a problem with Ninja in this case.

Your assistance is appreciated.

thanks.
          Last edited by neptune; 12-27-2012, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Hello neptune,
            Thanks for the information.

I can replicate the scenario and have intimated development. I will get back to you once I hear from them.

Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Hello neptune,
              If you try changing the symbol mapping for eSignal to GBP@TDFX A0-FX then are you able to get the correct chart.

Please refer to the attached screenshot which further demonstrates the scenario.
              Attached Files

Comment

Ok, so I did what you indicate in your reply and changed the symbol mapping and charts look good. I did it for all pairs I view and compared the charts to what I see in esignal charting and charts appear to be good. Your suggestion makes sense. What is interesting to me is that there is no indication that the symbol mapping is wrong until this garbled data problem. I notice this when I enter the wrong symbol in esignal charting as well. I periodically compare my data with other sources and had noticed no problems. In fact after the garbled problem described in the initial post, the data looked good. Obviously the moral of the story is to be sure that symbol maps are explicitly specified for each instrument and I will definitely do that in the future. Is there anything else I need to do or are you confident this should solve the problem?

thanks for your assistance.

Comment

Hello neptune,
                  Glad you could get the correct data.

Our investigation showed that eSignal is transmitting the erroneous data. As of now, we do not have any other suggestions except for changing the symbol mapping.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Gerik
                  by Gerik

Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                  2 responses