Alert creation questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alert creation questions

Just some basic questions on creating alerts. First though, I am not sure why I can't create alerts in the chart rather then having to open this other window. Anyway.

1. The "value" under trigger in alert conditions defaults to 0. So if I want an alert if MACD crosses above 0, that seems to fit well. But what if I want an alert if the MACD crosses the Signal line. The value of which I can not know or express. How do I modify "value"

2. What if I want an alert based on more than one indicator. So in addition to that MACD I want Stochastics to cross above 22. How would I do that?

3. A lot of things in ninjatrader seem to require a fairly high technical level. Suppose there is an indicator that produces a green bar as a bullish signal. Say Elder impulse for example. Why can't I just say "When bar is green" as a condition of my alert or strategy instead of having to know or figure out why and how the bar turned green. Yes I can probably figure it out. But I really don't want to. Well I don't think I should be required to.

4. If there is a good alert creation video point me in its direction. So far this has been to most obscure and difficult part of working with ninja trader.
    I just want some sound alarms to go off when my indicator signal hit. So I don't have to stare at the screen all day.

Thanks for any help or advice.
    Still a great application by the way

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

1.) The types of alerts which are possible by default are only simple comparisons based on static values. If you wish to create an alert based on an indicator value that is possible, but custom programming is required. If you are not a programmer yourself any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this type of project for you: http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners....pt-Consultants

2.) This too would require a bit of custom programming.

3.) We are working to simplify the creation of these types of alerts for future versions of NinjaTrader. I will forward the feedback from your post here to our development staff for further consideration.

4.) Unfortunately, there are no specific videos which I could point you towards however I am happy to further assist with any other questions you have.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post r68cervera  
    Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes