Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up Instrument Manager with Patsystems

Hi,

I have purchased a lifetime single broker license for NT7 and will be using it with a Patsystems connection for my live trades.

As my live connection to my broker has just been setup, I will need to wait till 31 Dec for Asian markets/CME Globex to open before i can check if the instrument manager has been properly configured.

However, I do have the below questions for the time being:

1. For some of the default master instruments that come with NT7, I noticed under instrument editor/Misc/Symbol Map, the field next to Patsystems is blank while for others, this field is populated.

Question: Is it necessary/compulsory for this symbol map field for Patsystems to be populated? If so, is there a consistent way for doing so?

Eg, For ES, the field is just filled up as 'ES' whereas for YM, it's YM|CME_CBT

2. I see from the list of exchanges supported in Instrument Editor that Ose (Osaka Securities Exchange) is supported and I will need to view quote of Ose Nikkei 225 contract only (not trade) but from the log, it says "exchange OSE not supported by NinjaTrader".

So, please advise if Ose is indeed supported? I have created a new master instrument for Ose's N225 contract and done the custom mapping based on what i have read from the forum.

I will check if the quote can be downloaded when trading resumes on 2 Jan 2013. The Japanese markets are closed on 31 Dec and 1 Jan.

Thanks

Hello nowornever,

Thank you for your post.

1.) In order to access data through the PATSystems connection a symbol mapping value would need to be in place for an instrument. In the case of PATSystems, this information can easily be found within the Instrument Manager itself. When connected to PATSystems, open the Instrument Manager and click the PATS button - the menu which appears will provide you with the symbol and exchange setting to use for every instrument that your account is authorized for.

2.) Per the error message - are you using a multi-broker license with NinjaTrader which would include access to NT historical data servers?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kyle.

I am configuring the various symbols with either the direct Patsystems symbol or with the symbol|exchange.

I have a SINGLE broker lifetime license and I am currently connected only to Patsystems for data.

As to my question, will I be able to get Osaka Nikkei 225 quotes as per the usual custom mapping?

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately, I cannot be sure on that instrument as my account is not authorized for the symbol but provided that you use the correct symbol and exchange code it's highly likely that the data can be accessed.

Comment

Hi there,

I have encountered an issue of the March ES contract not refreshing after NT has started up.

I am not able to get Level 2 or any other function (such as DOM) to work.

The rest of the contracts are fine.

I have followed the mapping as per the rest of the contracts with Patsystems i.e. ES|CME.

Can you advise ?

Comment

Hello,

The default settings for ES should be correct - the symbol mapping should be simply 'ES'.

Comment

I have changed the mapping back to just 'ES' but it does not resolve the issue.

How else can i troubleshoot?

I have checked with my broker's IT support and they confirmed that there's no issues with Pats price feed.

Comment

Hello,

Broker/data provider issues are not something I'd suspect myself. Please open the Instrument Manager (Tools > Instrument Manager) then click the PATS button. Please find the ES 03-13 which you are authorized for and provide me with an image.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
                For detailed instructions please visit the following link

Comment

screen shot as requested.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Please select ES 03-13 in the Orders tab of the Control Center. Do you see updates to bid, ask and last price or do these fields report 'n/a'?

Comment

There's no update.

The bid/ask/last stays the same as what i see immediately after startup, even after i toggle around various contracts and back to ES.

Comment

I started up NT on my laptop and it is connected to the same broker and there's no issue.

Now, what could be the one thing prevent the March ES contract from updating (on my desktop NT)?

Comment

Fyi, it's now updating normally again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                          Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                          11 responses