Historical data does not load around 11 PM EST to 12 Midnight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical data does not load around 11 PM EST to 12 Midnight

I have noticed this issue multiple times. Around 11 PM or so EST or sometime shortly thereafter, if you start up NT and then try to connect, it loads data up until about 10:30 PM or so, and does not load any subsequent bars. This is only for tick-based data, the minute based bars seem to load OK. Why is this happening? Are you guys doing something with your historical data servers around this time, and if so, can we know the exact time that outages are occurring every day? I am trying to load futures contracts with a Zen-Fire connection, and it applies to all of them universally.

Thanks!

HI,

Thanks for posting to report this issue. I'm not aware of any scheduled maintainance.

Which instrument and interval of chart were you working with?
    Is this something you see during the week or only on Sundays?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It is all instruments, try any kind of second-based or range-based chart which is built off of tick data. You can try it right now, it's occurring on Zen-Fire connection. It has occurred multiple times, it might even be every day (although I haven't checked it every day). Pretty sure it's not just Sundays. Maybe there is a bug in your software... if you reload the data after midnight sometime it should start working fine, it's just that connecting during this time frame right now is problematic to see historical data. Hitting Reload doesn't help either.

Comment

Hello,

Data loads normally here. (see attached)

Please restart your PC, modem and router then try loading data again.
        Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure your data is correct there, it's tough to tell on a tick chart. Try loading up a 5 second chart and you will see for sure if there is a gap after 10:30 to 11:00 PM or so... try that and see what you get.

Comment

By the way, it's too late now... the data is loading OK if you hit Reload, I think the time window to see this problem has passed. You should try it again tomorrow evening with a short second-based chart as I said. Try it around 11:30 PM and see what you get around that time, you might very well get a gap between (let's say) 10:50 and 11:30 or something.... my best guess is that at midnight on the date rollover it starts working normally again.

Comment

Hello,

In order for us to conduct this test, can you please clarify what time zone your PC clock is set to?
              MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Yes, I am on Eastern time.

Comment

This appears to be happening every day. Please try connecting with a very short time-based chart sometime after 11 PM EST on any day,and try to load historical data. You will see that it is missing the last half hour of data or so. This occurs on all contracts. After midnight EST, the data is restored and can load OK. I am pretty sure that this is something to do with your historical data server... please try to check it out and see what is happening.

Comment

Hello,

In testing here I am not able to recreate the issue.

So that we may further investigate please contact me via email (Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com) with the following:

1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) A copy of your workspace: Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Workspaces

3.) A copy of today's trace file: Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace > trace.20130106.txt

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                      Hello,

In testing here I am not able to recreate the issue.

So that we may further investigate please contact me via email (Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com) with the following:

1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) A copy of your workspace: Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Workspaces

3.) A copy of today's trace file: Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace > trace.20130106.txt
                      Done - check your email...

Comment

Also, just to be clear: a short time-based chart means that you have to use second-based bars that are built from tick data, not minute-based bars. If you used minute bars, you won't see the problem. Just FYI...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Skifree
                        by Skifree

Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                        0 responses
                        1 view