how to search for most active stocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello & good day. is there a way to search for the 50 most active NYSE stocks by volume? would this be possible with a data feed like kinetick? do a new search for the same say every 15 mins, whether it's the same 50 stocks or not? or similarly, search for the 50 most active stocks of s&p? thank you for your help, jm

Hello johnnymustard,
    Thanks for your note.
    Unfortunately you wont be able to do it.

You can create a custom stock list and add it to a Market Analyzer and sort the volume from that stock list. However all the query will be limited to stocks listed in the market analyzer only.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

follow up to original post

based on your reply: if i added all the stocks on the NYSE or S&P 500 to the market analyzer and sorted by volume, in theory, wouldn't that give me the data i'm looking for? would i be able to take only the 50 most active from that list to use for a custom indicator and disregard all other stocks on that list?

secondly: let's say i get the 50 most active stocks from google finance. would i then be able to manually add the symbols via indicator parameters to manipulate the data within a custom indicator? what i want to do is take the 50 most active stocks and separate them by increasing price and decreasing price. then a simple indicator to to subtract the decreasing stocks sum losses from increasing stocks sum gains for a net pos/neg value. then plot that value as a line on the chart. will that work?
      (sum most active gains - sum most active losses) = my custom indicator
      thanks in advance. jm

Comment

It is depend on your searching phrases that how you search.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnymustard View Post
          based on your reply: if i added all the stocks on the NYSE or S&P 500 to the market analyzer and sorted by volume, in theory, wouldn't that give me the data i'm looking for? would i be able to take only the 50 most active from that list to use for a custom indicator and disregard all other stocks on that list?
          If the criteria which satisfies your search is volume, yes you could use the Market Analyzer volume column to sort through a list of stocks.

Originally posted by johnnymustard View Post
          secondly: let's say i get the 50 most active stocks from google finance. would i then be able to manually add the symbols via indicator parameters to manipulate the data within a custom indicator? what i want to do is take the 50 most active stocks and separate them by increasing price and decreasing price. then a simple indicator to to subtract the decreasing stocks sum losses from increasing stocks sum gains for a net pos/neg value. then plot that value as a line on the chart. will that work?
          (sum most active gains - sum most active losses) = my custom indicator
          thanks in advance. jm
          This would be technically possible. Please see one of the following "spread" indicators which demonstrates how you can use a symbol name as an input variable:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

thank you matthew. i will try this. jm

Comment

It is very important to set money margin before investing in a stock.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post alifarahani  
              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH