interactive trend line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interactive trend line

I would like to make the color of an indicator to be one color when the price is above a manually drawn horizontal trendline and another color when the price is below it.

Are there any code examples that would show me how to access the trendline. I can easily code the color change, I just don't know how to refer to the trendline and if that is possible. Also, if this is possible, if I drag the trendline to another price level will the code I would use reflect this change or only the original location of the trendline?

Thanks for your time.

Safetrading

Hello Safetrading,

Thank you for your post.

We have a tutorial that will walk you through these items at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...om_drawing.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply. The link you sent me however shows the part fo the coding I already know how to do. It shows how to make the indicator appear in different colors based upon the indicator levels. What I need to know is how to tell the indicator the price level of a hand drawn horizontal line on the price chart. For example, if I draw a line at the price level of 85.25 and the price crosses that line, then I want the indicator to be aware of that so it can change color. I can code the different colors, but I don't know how to tell the indicator when the above event occurs.

Comment

Hello Safetrading,

Thank you for that information.

The following link will take you to the Version 7 Indciators section of the Support Forum to download the Alert For Manually Drawn Lines indicator that will show you within the code how to reference when price crosses a manually drawn line: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d=4&linkid=472

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

thanks so much, exactly what I needed.

Have a nice day

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM