Where do Alerts go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do Alerts go?

Is Market Analyzer even the right section to ask this?

Ok so i'm up to the point now where i want to sit back and see some Window or hear some sound that says quick pi$$ your money away on this sure bet

I see that the assisted Alerts available in Market Analyzer are limited, but that's ok my many thousands of minutes C# experience should enable me to code some.

But where ? I see create an Indicator and Create a Strategy, no Alerts though...

Do i take the Bollinger Indicator and reWrite it as BollAlert and add an allert line in there?

Or do i add it in Strategy? If Strategy, how do i then get these running in the Alerts window? I think i could see how the Indicator would if that is the way to go, by then selecting that one in assisted alerts.

I'd like to write multiple conditions....more i'm thinking about it as i wrote this i think an alert is an indicator...just need to link it to other indicators, and then instead of drawing a line just be a 0 for no alert and value =1 when conditions are met.

Sound right? Can i add position detail into an indicator?

Just to return is there not a simple way to link into the strategy and look for the entry/exit signal names?

Want to run this on a number of instruments at once.

Sorry for the random nature...hopefully makes sense.

Cheers

There's not a lot on this in the help. Can see the syntax, and think i can write what i want albeit with a few questions, but where to write it...

Cheers

Hello,

Do i take the Bollinger Indicator and reWrite it as BollAlert and add an allert line in there?
    This would be the easiest way. Only an indicator can be loaded from the Market Analyzer.

However an indicator cannot access position information. If you need position information, you'd need to do that in a strategy. If that's a requirement, then you'd have to run multiple instances of the strategy from the Strategies tab of the Control Center to alert you.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks Mathew i'll take a look at that section.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
      Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
      14 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton