Can Chart "View Range" Be Changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Chart "View Range" Be Changed?

I am wanting to modify the time range I am viewing on the chart each day without changing the actual session used in the customized indicator I am displaying on the chart.

For example, if I am viewing a minute chart, I just want to see from 6 AM to say 10 AM on the chart (so I can quickly scroll through the chart from day to day)-but I want the indicator to use the instrument's default session definition for calculations of various types.

Is there a way to change just what is displayed on the chart independent of the session template used by the indicators?

PS: I know that I could use the built-in Prior Day O,H,L,C based on a day bar - but I am building intraday H,L calculations ( for example the cash session high) that require the session template to be the instrument default.
    Jim-Boulder
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Elephant Tracks

Hello,

This would be possible with some custom coding and the use of a multi series indicator. You would have your chart setup to display your desired session template. When you applied your custom indicator it would Add() the indicator/full session template to calculate based off of.

A simpler way would be to use multiple data series panels however this method might produce undesired spaces in your data (the attached image has a 5 minute ES chart run from 7am-10am but has the SMA calculated off of a 1 minute ES chart that spans the full trading session : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...price_data.htm )

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Attached Files
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply....this should allow me to do what I am seeking.

Jim
      Jim-Boulder
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Elephant Tracks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
      8 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post bill2023  
      Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM