Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error importing custom indicators

Hello,

I updated my computer with a new solid state drive and Windows 8 and then re-installed the latest versions of TWS and Ninja (64 bit, 7.0.1000.11) that work together. Ninja saved my old workspaces but all my custom indicators don't work anymore... Also, when I select FILE / UTILITIES / IMPORT NINJA SCRIPT then I get the following error msg:

Import NinjaScript Archive File (.zip) Warning
    You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive File.

Please advise.

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.
    To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick response, Kyle.

I have dozens of custom indicators that used to work just fine in the previous version of Ninja that I downloaded from different forums... so I'm not sure which ones don't work any longer. Maybe all of them? Do I have to go thru these steps for each one?

Is there a problem with the conversion process for indicators that were built/compiled with previous version?

Thanks

Comment

by the way, I moved all the custom indicators (both zip and cs files) from my bin\Custom\Indicator folder to a temp folder and I still get the same error msg when I try to select select FILE / UTILITIES / IMPORT NINJA SCRIPT

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

Luckily, it doesn't matter which indicator you select to compile. NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
          • Open NinjaTrader
          • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
          • Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
          • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
          • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.

If you're not sure what to do to debug the issue, please provide me with an image of the error reporting section of the code window.

Comment

attached screenshot with compile error msg

Kyle,

Here's a screenshot with the error msg after I compiled a standard Ninja indicator.

Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

expanded error msg

Sorry, the screenshot didn't show the entire text for the error msg... They are:

1. NinjaTrader.Core.dll could not be found
              2. WilsonORMapper.dll could not be found

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Please contact me via email (Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com)
                In your message, please include:

1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) A copy of your Config file: Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Config

3.) A copy of today's trace file: Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace > trace.20130107.txt

Comment

[QUOTE=NinjaTrader_Kyle;316251]Hello,

Import NinjaScript Archive File (.zip) Warning
                  You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive File.

Hello I just got this warning and am at a loss to clear it up.... Ninjatrader was fine until I imported something new from this website.

Thanks and appreciate the time and help.

Comment

Hello John,

Please see my post in the other forum.
                    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
                      • Open NinjaTrader
                      • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.
                      To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
                      We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the response.

First, I moved the "My Documents" folder away from the C drive to another drive awhile ago. I deleted two indicators from the "Custom" Folder this past weekend.

I followed your instructions and upon compiling received the following errors:

"Error Generating Indicator"
                      "Metadata file 'C:\Users\DMK\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\SceetoSP500PriceMagnets.dll' could not be found"

"Metadata file 'C:\Users\DMK\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\AcmeVolumeProfilePack.dll' could not be found"

These were the two indicator that I deleted. Also since I moved the my document folder, my guess is that NT looked for these two indicators at the location specified and since they weren't there, gave the error.

1. How do I eliminate these errors?
                      2. How do I have NT run on the C Drive, but have the data and all other info related to NT located on another drive?

Thanks in advance.

Dennis

Comment

This indicates you miss needed reference DLL’s or have corrupted ones listed - please follow the steps below to rectify the errors.
                        • In Control Center menu bar go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator
                        • In the indicator dialog select any indicator and click on the ‘Ok’ button.
                        • This will open the NinjaScript editor for you :

• Right click in the code section of the NinjaScript editor.
                        • In the context menu click on ‘References’
                        • In the Reference dialog, if a reference to the noted DLL files exists already then select the DLL’s which are giving errors one by one and click on the ‘Remove’ button.

After removing, add back the reference with the right path :
                        • In the Reference dialog, Click on the ‘Add’ button.
                        • Select all the missing DLL’s (located in the Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\ folder or in the NinjaTrader installation folder, typically C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin64) one by one and then click ‘Ok’. [Please adjust if needed for 32 bit setup]
                        • Compile the indicator now by pressing F5.

The issues should be resolved and your NT should be again in properly compiled state

Please also see the section “How to add a reference” from our help guide

If you run into any issues fixing the issue with the steps provided please let us know and we can setup a remote assistance session with one of our techs.
                        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                          This indicates you miss needed reference DLL’s or have corrupted ones listed - please follow the steps below to rectify the errors.
                          • In Control Center menu bar go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator
                          • In the indicator dialog select any indicator and click on the ‘Ok’ button.
                          • This will open the NinjaScript editor for you :

• Right click in the code section of the NinjaScript editor.
                          • In the context menu click on ‘References’
                          • In the Reference dialog, if a reference to the noted DLL files exists already then select the DLL’s which are giving errors one by one and click on the ‘Remove’ button.

After removing, add back the reference with the right path :
                          • In the Reference dialog, Click on the ‘Add’ button.
                          • Select all the missing DLL’s (located in the Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\ folder or in the NinjaTrader installation folder, typically C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin64) one by one and then click ‘Ok’. [Please adjust if needed for 32 bit setup]
                          • Compile the indicator now by pressing F5.

The issues should be resolved and your NT should be again in properly compiled state

Please also see the section “How to add a reference” from our help guide

If you run into any issues fixing the issue with the steps provided please let us know and we can setup a remote assistance session with one of our techs.
                          Thanks Matthew,

That did the trick.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                          Started by vecnopus, Today, 06:15 AM
                          0 responses