Vendor Update ruining NT7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vendor Update ruining NT7

Please help. I downloaded an updatefrom a 3rd party company and now none of my charting works. For almost every indicator I get this message....
    1/8/2013 9:59:53 PM,Default,Failed to restore indicator 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.Range'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this indicator no longer is there.,
    1/8/2013 9:59:53 PM,Default,Failed to restore indicator 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.ToolbarShortcutV1'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this indicator no longer is there.,

I dont know what happened but it also deleted all the indicators from the charts in the saves workspace.

In the event of the reinstallation, how do I perform that with the 3rd party indicators? Do I have to install everything from scratch?
    Please help...

Never seen such a post here..

I guess by now you restarted and reboot?

Originally posted by jngrim View Post
    Please help. I downloaded an updatefrom a 3rd party company and now none of my charting works. For almost every indicator I get this message....
    1/8/2013 9:59:53 PM,Default,Failed to restore indicator 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.Range'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this indicator no longer is there.,
    1/8/2013 9:59:53 PM,Default,Failed to restore indicator 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.ToolbarShortcutV1'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this indicator no longer is there.,

I dont know what happened but it also deleted all the indicators from the charts in the saves workspace.

In the event of the reinstallation, how do I perform that with the 3rd party indicators? Do I have to install everything from scratch?
    Please help...

Comment

Hello jngrim,

Can you please compile your NinjaScript files and check what errors are reported. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
      • Open NinjaTrader
      • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
      • Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
      • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
      • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
      • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.
      If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=4678
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post arvidvanstaey  
      Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
      16 responses
      0 likes