Session Manager to configure charts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Session Manager to configure charts?

At the moment, I am testing the free end-of-day Ninja. Since I can't get intraday data I am not sure how to configure the following:

I like my hourly charts to start at 9:30 eastern time for contracts like ES. My IB charts can't be configured and they do the charts "on the hour" so their hourly chart starts at 9am. Is the Session Manager the place where this can be configured so I can set up any hours I want?

Also, how does one change the default intervals? I mean can you do, say a 120 min chart? Can you do a Quarterly chart?

Thanks!

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

Within NInjaTrader if you would like your ES chart to only display data during the regular session 9:30 AM EST to 4:15 PM EST Monday-Friday please right mouse click within your chart-->Data Series-->Session Template-->Set to "CME US Index Futures RTH".

You may also create custom Session Templates by going to Tools-->Session Manager-->New. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over the Session Manager.

Yes you can create both a 120 Minute as well as a 360 Minute chart by left clicking within your chart-->type 120M-->Hit 'Enter'. This same method would be used for a 360 Minute chart as well by typing 360M.

Keep in mind when connecting to Kinetick Free EOD within NinjaTrader this will give you access to End of Day Daily data which may be used to create Day, Week, Month and Year charts.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
    14 responses
    0 likes