Market Replay stops playing after Friday's close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay stops playing after Friday's close

I have downloaded EURUSD Market Replay data for the whole month of March 2012 except Saturdays whereby no data is available.

Market Replay runs fine except it always stops after Friday's close and will not continue to the following Monday open.

I am using EMA 200 and EMA 800 as indicators so need at least 800 candles in order for these indicators to appear in the chart. And with the way Market Replay now works where it stops at the end of the week it is not possible to use these indicators.

Is there anything that I miss or is this the way Market Replay work?

Thank you.

unswfins, thanks for the post and welcome to our forums here. If you right click in the replay control, do you see the needed Level 1 data all being available for the time period you intend to play? So the replay control would stop advancing at Friday 5PM EST? It would not be expected to fast forward through the weekend period where no data is available then, this is a known limitation and our our feedback list to potentially enhance in a future platform update.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

Thank you for the reply.

I have checked the available data for instrument $EURUSD by rightclicking on the Replay Control and it shows L1 Begin at 1/03/2012 and L1 End at 1/05/2012. (I have downloaded the whole month of April and some of May since my last post). But of course there would not be any data available for Saturdays.

If Market Replay would not advance past weekend since there is no data for Saturday then there would not be anough candles to generate EMA200/EMA800.

Is there anyway to get around this?

Thanks again.

Comment

Do you see this as well if you're not moving the slider forward through the empty trading weekend period, but just leave replay running through, for example at the highest speed? Then it should continue normally and also calculate your indicators with the data available on the charts. To be able to skip this period easier without the side effects you witness is on our feedback list in product management.

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

Yes you are correct!

What I thought Market Replay to have stopped, actually in the Replay Control I could see the time kept advancing. It was just the chart did not get updated (since there was no data) and this led me thought the chart have frozen. After waiting for a while I could see the chart moved again with new candles.

So it works as you stated.

In the new release please make Market Replay simply skips empty trading period and proceed to next available data so users do not have to wait or move the slider to the next available days with data. With the existing features already available it will make Market Replay the best tester out there.

One more question. When we press the Fast Forward button and increase the speed to say 500x, is there an easy and direct way to slow it down to say 400x? When we press the Pause button it resets the speed back to 1x.

Thanks again Bertrand.

Comment

Glad to hear, thanks for reporting back here - your vote for the 'skipping' is noted.

Unfortunately you're correct for the slowing down - you would need to pause and then fast forward the speed up to your new level again - that's on our feedback as well to consider enhancing for our next major update.

Comment

Hello leocrespo,

Thanks for your post.

You are correct, this is a Feature Request that was not integrated. This is also not something that was added as a feature in NinjaTrader 8. Unfortunately, we are not always able to implement each and every feature request that is submitted by users. However, we will always do our best to accommodate as many feature requests as possible.
              Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post bmartz
              by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
              4 responses