Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continued connection problems Zenfire Germany Telekom Rithmic

Hi all,

who else has connection issues to Zenfire ?

specifically the rithmic server ?

My ISP is Deutsche Telekom, which is the largest in Germany.

Ninja support says its the problem of the ISP.

I can not accept this and ask that Rithmic becomes active about this issue.

Have to confirm connection problems from Berlin to Mirus/Dorman/Zenfire too. NT7 interrupts at some point in the evening (CET) and is not able to connect back to zenfire. Tried everything on the hardware /software side. Same problems with Multicharts. Tried to solve it with Mirus support - no result at all. They traced the connection and said that ping of say 130 is way to high and bandwith of 6MBit/s is the absolute minimum. So reason for connection problems is my ISP. But man, I remember when I daytraded lot of stocks back in the end of the 90ies on a 64k ISDN line and it worked like a charm.

Quite frustrating.

The question for me is: Is it Telekom (it is my german ISP) because the ping is really to high? Pro: There is a thread in the telekom forum that many guys (mostly "gamer") experience latency problems especially in the evening hours (starting 7pm EST) since the end of november 12. Contra: My experience with ISDN connection more than 10 years ago (but eventually I mixe things up here that cannot be mixed - I am far away from being a technican).

Or is it the Zenfire datafeed at all?

Comment

blueprint,

TY for your report.

Initially I got the same type of snappy answer from ninja support.
      This lets you stand in the rain - alone.

Luckily now, I talk to someone very competent within Ninja.

They monitor the situation.

As of now it seems to be a problem with the ISP that does the
      hop over the atlantic - not our last mile ISP.
      (even if these might be both branches of Tkom.)

Only the connection to zenfire/rithmic showed the problems.
      At the same time, we found no problems with a connection to cqg.

This indicates a specific Tkom - zenfire/rithmic problem.

(I am not an expert and only write, what I understood so far.)

I had issues Wednesday, Thursday evening (CET) - like you.
      NO issues on Friday.

PS.: 130 ms is not to high to trade

--- I should add: I had no problems for years.
      Last edited by makra081; 01-13-2013, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Same problems here!

I´m with Zen-Fire (Mirus/Dorman) and my ISP is Telekom, too.

Since some weeks I have these connection issues every evening, very frustrating .

Comment

I can confirm that there is a problem with Deutsche Telekom ISP and Zen-Fire/Rithmic data feed.

For me it started early in december last year. In the evening(CET) the data feed gets a delay of some seconds around 16:00/17:00. Then it gets progressively worse and usually at arround 19:00 i get constant reconnects.

I ran multiple trace routes over the last month and they always look the same.

There is always one server of Deutsche Telekom that has high packet loss. And it is always the gateway server that connects the network of Deutsche Telekom with the network of NTT Communications.
          When i run the trace route in the night (02:00 CET) that server has 0% packet loss.

I already contacted Deutsche Telekom but have not heard back from them.

Comment

re

I just lost the connection again !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiixo View Post
              I can confirm that there is a problem with Deutsche Telekom ISP and Zen-Fire/Rithmic data feed.

For me it started early in december last year. In the evening(CET) the data feed gets a delay of some seconds around 16:00/17:00. Then it gets progressively worse and usually at arround 19:00 i get constant reconnects.

I ran multiple trace routes over the last month and they always look the same.

There is always one server of Deutsche Telekom that has high packet loss. And it is always the gateway server that connects the network of Deutsche Telekom with the network of NTT Communications.
              When i run the trace route in the night (02:00 CET) that server has 0% packet loss.

I already contacted Deutsche Telekom but have not heard back from them.
              TY for the info.

IMO this can only be solved from the business side aka Ninja or Rithmic.
              Again there are no issues with other data feeds & brokers.

As of now it is too dangerous to trade, if the connection fails constantly.
              Last edited by makra081; 01-14-2013, 03:50 PM.

Comment

I worked with VPS located in UK and my strategies were running in automatic without any issue during 2012. Middle of December, I started to have problems with ZenFire connection with multiple disconnection and reconnection causing sometimes charts plenty of holes.

Then I decided to contract Kinetick to use it as backup in case of connection loss with ZenFire. Problem became worst because disconnections affected to Kinetick and my strategies were disabled. Kinetick support was very good and provided me alternative so that my strategies were not disabled. Kinetick commented that maybe there is something in ISP that causes NT to assign a disconnection with ZenFire or data provider.

Finally, problem came one day when there was connection loss with ZenFire but chart and strategies were running. Conditions were fulfilled but due to loss of connection with ZenFire I missed a good trade.

In those conditions is not possible to trade. So I decided to install my strategies in VPS in Chicago, so no problem of internet through Atlantic Ocean. Problem has disappeared during working days.

Comment

To better understand the problem with the delayed data i wrote a little indicator that displays the delay in seconds of the last incoming price update in the upper left corner of the chart. The Indicator can be downloaded here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/e4wwxl It compares the timestamp of the incoming price update against the local PC clock, so make sure that your PC clock is synced with some atomic time server.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Just a quick note, since you're using Time[0] in your TimeSpan, this is only going to work on a provider who offers native time stamping such as Zen-Fire.

Anyone looking to test with this indicator should double check that their provider is not using local time stamps from the following link:

I've also re-hosted this indicator on our forum for ease of access.
                    Attached Files
                    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hello,

We have had a a couple of reports of users with this ISP running into issues, we have also had reports of it working fine.

I believe they may have some intermittent issues going on at specific times, in which case staying on top of your ISP when you have issue would help with resolution of the problem sooner.

NinjaTrader does not have the tools or ability to work with individual ISP's unfortunately.

What I would like to add however is that if you are running into issue please email in from the Control Center->Help->Mail to Support and include your log and trace files as for any user running into connection issues I would not want to assume that the issue is ISP related and would want to diagnose this is the case.

-Brett

Comment

Can you give an advice, what to report to Deutsche Telekom.

As technical as possible ?

Comment

You will want to report that you experience a high ping latency or packet loss between your PC and a Chicago server during various periods of the day. You can reference your log tab of the Control Center for the exact times you experience this behavior.

You can also give them the tracert information you have collected during these periods.
                          MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Try these

Have a read about my experience with SOLVING issues with an ISP here...

Could be the router? Change it. Happened when I swap my Dlink DIR-655 for the Asus RT-N16. The Asus dropped the connection occasionally. Switched back to Dlink DIR-655. Alternatively, if you want a powerful router. Get an obsolete P3 or P4, equip with 2 gigabit LAN cards and run pfSense open source router. Stable, powerful, you can prioritize your feed as NUMBER 1 on the port and list and make sure that the feed as an open road to your trading computer without lag. Download speed is not what we want in trading. …

Comment

I have the same problems with connecting Zen-Fire and Deutsche Telekom. Every day at the same time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                              Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post geotrades1