Merge policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merge policy

Hello. Can you provide more info, pictures of merge policy? I read everything in HELP of NT about merge policy and offset. But I still can't understand how you merge previous expiration to present. In back adjusted and not back adjusted.

Hello,

There is no other documentation which I could point you towards. What questions do you have about the feature?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

back adjusted - this mean present contract (or late contract) is major to prior expiration. And late contract begins from last trading day of previous contract?

nonBackAdjusted - two contracts in one time period? if it daily bars, will be 2 bars in 1?

What Offset does in adjusting?

Comment

Hello alexstox,

MergeBackAdjusted will stitch together the current front month with the previous contract month based upon the rollover dates inside of the Instrument Manager. It will then adjust the historical data based upon the offset values.

MergeNonBackAdjusted will do the same as the MergeBackAdjusted but not use the offset values for adjusting.

The Offset will adjust the data so that historical chart data does not have any gaps.
        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
          Hello alexstox,

MergeBackAdjusted will stitch together the current front month with the previous contract month based upon the rollover dates inside of the Instrument Manager. It will then adjust the historical data based upon the offset values.

MergeNonBackAdjusted will do the same as the MergeBackAdjusted but not use the offset values for adjusting.

The Offset will adjust the data so that historical chart data does not have any gaps.
          rollover date is the last trading date of futures? so, without offset we will have "real continuation" =)

If I don't like chart with gaps I can use backadjusted feature or just put my rollover date, when I think it must be sticked together.

Offset is like maximum gap, that we want to see. So, NT chooses the nearest date, when this offset value happens, and stitch two contracts together.

Where NT takes offset automatically? Chooses the best match?

Click image for larger version

Name:	BA.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	866754

Click image for larger version

Name:	nBA.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	866755
          Last edited by alexstox; 01-13-2013, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Hello alexstox

Below is a link to the Editing Instruments section of our help guide. Please see the Offset Value section under Understanding the Misc tab for further information.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nstruments.htm
            Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
            Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
            7 responses