Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with "No security definition...."

Today I suddenly got this problem and message:
    "Error on loading chart data for 'FTI 08-10 Fta': IBconnect: Error in requesting historical data from IB: No security definition has been found for the request(200)".
    I never had this problem, until this morning.
    In my chart I defined to look back 950 days. As I said this was no problem until now. The maximum is now about 800 days.
    When I look in the Instrument Editor I have all the definitions up to 2005 (108 months).
    When I look in the left pane of the Instrument Manager, the latest definition of this future (FTI, AEX future) is FTI 02-11.
    If I want to add the older expiry, the oldest expiry from the dropdownlist is 01-12.
    How can I add more older expiry's here and would that solve the problem??

TIA,
    Anne

Hello Anne,

Adding new instruments with previous expiries to instrument lists will not have any effect.

Can you please right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data' and check if all requested data is loaded.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Than I get this message twice:
      Error on reloading data: IBconnect: Error in requesting historical data from IB: No security definition has been found for the request(200) (Panic)

And after a while a bunch of these messages:
      Error on reloading data: IBconnect: NinjaTrader has reached an IB limitation for historical data requests. IB may reject all historical data requests for the next five minutes: Historical Market Data Service error message:Historical data request pacing violation (Panic)
      Last edited by trail; 01-11-2013, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Try the following. While NinjaTrader is shut down, navigate to the folder below:

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->workspaces

Delete the _workspaces.xml file. This will not delete your workspaces, but ensures no workspaces will be opened on startup.

Start NinjaTrader. Create a new FTI chart without connecting to IB yet and check if data is loaded that you already have present in NinjaTrader. You can check the historical data you already have present at Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data Manager-->Edit-tab.

Subsequently connect to IB and check if the issue remains.

Do you receive real-time data if you select the FTI in the Control Center-->Orders-tab?

Comment

I a new chart without IB connection I can get at least 1000 days back: for example: in the chart I have now data up to April 19, 2010.
          However, there is a gap between December 20, 2012 and today...
          In the Historical Data Manager I can see the oldest data is: FTI 04-10.

After connection to IB and set Days to Load at 800:
          - The gap between December 20, 2012 and today is gone;
          - instrument data is live;

After set Days to Load at 950:
          - I get the message
          Error on loading chart data for 'FTI 08-10 Fta': IBconnect: Error in requesting historical data from IB: No security definition has been found for the request(200)

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

Can you send me your log and trace files. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, Problem with "No security definition....' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Do you see historical data in the Historical Data Manager-->Edit-tab for the FTI 08-10?

Comment

Email has been sent.
              There is no historical data in the Historical Data Manager-->Edit-tab for the FTI 08-10 anymore. And also the other data of 2010 is missing. The first data file is 20101213.Last.ntd
              That is strange because I haven't deleted it...
              On a backup on my backup-server I can see I have the data. So somehow the data has gone from my Ninjatrader 7 folder.
              Anyway, I have a backup. Can I just copy the files back to the folder or doI have to use the import function?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post rtwave
              by rtwave

Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
              7 responses
              0 likes