Imported data using "Import Stock Symbol List"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imported data using "Import Stock Symbol List"

I have successfully imported the list of stock which I am interested. However, now I also wanted to import the description of the stock as well. Can I imported it as well? Or now I have to manually updated them 1 by 1?

thanks

Hello ckng725,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums.

You would have to enter the descriptions manually as you importing a stock list will not allow you to enter a description in it.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi I just imported a long list of symbols from some european exchanges (Milan (ise), Paris(monep), Amsterdam (aex)). however only very few of these symbol actually retrieve data from yahoo with market analyzer. That is strange because the link to yahoo reported in the instrument window works correctly (i.e. if you click on it you go to yahoo website which shows the data correctly for the instrument). what is wrong with what I did?
      I am attaching two screenshot for the instrument window.

A separate question, which exchange should I select for stock traded in london (london stock exchange) and germany (Frankfurt Stock Exchange Xetra)?

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello kalkanis,

You would not want to have a "." period inside of the Master Instrument Name of NinjaTrader. You may change the Master Instrument Name to "AEEM" to be able to chart the Instrument as your symbol mapping and exchange will work. Please note that using Yahoo you will only be able to use Daily, Weekly, or Monthly charts.

As for the Exchanges the London (london stock exchange) will be shown as "Lse" and the germany (Frankfurt Stock Exchange Xetra) would be "Xetra".

Comment

HI. Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately it does not work. I tried both AEEM and AEEM.MI; none works. obviously I left AEMM.MI in the symbol map otherwise Yahoo would not know what it is.

as I said about 20% of symbols work. for instance AGEB.MI works. But the remaining 80% don't. despite they do work if you try directly on yahoo.

must be something else.

Comment

Hello kalkanis,

I can confirm the AEEM is able to be mapped from Yahoo to NinjaTrader using the following setup from the Attached screenshot.

You may want do the following:
            * Go to Tools -> Instrument Manager
            * Find the "AEEM" instrument and select it.
            * Press the "Delete" button
            * Press OK
            * Go to Tools -> Options -> Data tab
            * Press "Repair DB"
            * Note this may take a few minutes
            * Restart NinjaTrader
            * Then go to Tools -> Instrument Manager
            * Create the "AEEM" instrument again using the settings from the attached image below.
            Attached Files

Comment

can you pls try to see if it works also by importing it as a list of symbols (that is what I tried yesterday by importing about 500 symbols). could that actually have something to do with the problem, i.e. importing too many symbols in one shot?

Comment

Hello kalkanis,

I have not heard of a limit on how many stock symbols that you an import at once. Can you send me the text file that you used to import the list of stocks and I may look into this?

Also, after repairing your database and creating the symbol are you able to chart the AEEM symbol?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by itrader46, Today, 09:04 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post itrader46  
                Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                0 responses
                1 view