Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjust for Splits : GMXR

Hi,

I have Adjust for Splits checked of in the Options Data tab but I'm still having problems receiving adjusted data for GMXR which split a few days ago. Is there something else I have to do or can you check this out?

thanks

Hello stockgoblin,

Can you confirm that you have done all of the steps to Update the Splits and Dividends using the Yahoo connection?

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._dividends.htm
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Whoa,

Okay, first I subscribe to Kinetick data so I haven't had this problem before. I redid my instrument manager and now I'm noticing non split adjusted data on charts that have recently split. I have adjust for splits checked off on the Options Data tab and I get the data from the server everytime I load a chart.

So I have to update split data in the instrument manager for every stock that splits now??? That seems ridiculous and I've never had to do that before. Did something change or does it just take a week for your server to reflect the split data?

Alright, I went into the instrument manager and hit the update splits and dividends button and 20 minutes later my computer is still working on it. I assume it's doing all the instruments? I have 4000 in there. It can't just be doing the one and taking this long. Also, what exactly does it do as in the options tab I checked off adjust for splits but not adjust for dividends so what does this "update splits and dividends" button actually do?
      Last edited by stockgoblin; 01-13-2013, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Hello stockgoblin,

Thank you for your response.

That is correct, each stock's splits and dividends are updated alone not at the same time. If your data provider does not provide the data with splits and dividends and you wish to view these then you will need to update the splits and dividends as detailed at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._dividends.htm

Even if you don't adjust for splits and dividends you can still download the data for the splits and dividends (which is what updating splits and dividends does).

If NinjaTrader is taking such a long time to run a task such as updating the splits and dividends, I recommend sending us your log and trace files so we may take a further look at this matter.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support-> ensure the Log and Trace files option is selected. Please put 'ATTN: Patrick' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the e-mail: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=55108

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by vecnopus, Today, 06:15 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes