Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

connection from external program to NT through the dll interface

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone out there has managed to connect an external program (not one of the default supported ones) to NT.
    From the documentation I believe there should be a way through the dll interface with the Bid and Ask functions.

Ultimately what I am trying to do is have data streaming in (bid and ask data) from an exernal program (MT4 or similar) and have my NT strategy running through the NT control centre Strategies tab. The idea being my strategy will receive bid and ask data, then process bars internally creating minute and hourly bars, etc that potential entry and exit triggers will be derived from.

I then want to use some other messaging protocol (pipes or other) to communicate back the other way and execute / manage orders on the other software (ie: conecting to brokers NT doesn't support currently).

Overall I want to do this all as fast as possible, so appreciate any ideas / feedback.

Mostly want immediate feedback on instructions for the code / setup to allow the input tick/bid data to get into the strategy running through NT, and if there's any fundamental issues with what I've described above as a framework.

thanks
    daniel

Originally posted by PolarBear View Post
    Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone out there has managed to connect an external program (not one of the default supported ones) to NT.
    See http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=55091
    I just posted it a few days ago.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post rocketman7  
    Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
    1 response