Some charts stuck ... sometimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some charts stuck ... sometimes

I have multiple charts, but all using the same instrument, the ES. That's the only instrument I use, so all information below is pertaining to ES (3-3-13).

This morning, after starting my system, some of my ES charts are functioning OK, while some ES charts are stuck at 'loading data'.

Rebooting the PC, and restarting NT causes different charts to function. Sometimes none function, sometimes most, but never all that were functioning yesterday.

The only system change has been a Java push that was installed earlier this morning, but in looking at the Windows Task Manager, NT doesn't appear to use Java, as I see no instances of Java when NT is running.

I use IQFEED. I have other apps that also are using IQFEED, and they are all happy.

I can open a new Dynamic SuperDOM, and it functions correctly.

Sometimes I can create a new chart, and it will function; other times, it won't function - it will get stuck at 'loading data' also.

I was going to take a look at NT logs to see if there are any errors, but I can't find a log.

I restored backups from yesterday for the NT directory, but it doesn't fix the problem.

I'm also suddenly finding a problem shutting down NT; haven't had this before, now I do. I'm having to go to W.T.Mgr to shut it down, else I can't restart it.

Some of the charts are in a different state. They don't say 'loading data', they are empty, and the top bar is grayed out. I can't right-click in the window to check data series or indicators. Sometimes these will run after restarting NT, but not always.

There doesn't appear to be any common thread here, so I'm wondering about maybe a database corruption.

Please advise.

Hello JavaBen,

Can you please send me your log and trace files. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, Some charts stuck ... sometimes' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Done.

Thanks for the quick response!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
      10 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB