Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy set up problems - Threads

Dear all,

Last time I tried to connect to the brokers server I received a message as attached.
    Could you please what does that mean. Is that a matter of the ninjatrader application itself or is this issue caused by the brokers data feed?
    The translated message means something like this:
    "login failed: No sufficient free threads available at the thread-pool in order to proceed"

Many thanks.

Rob
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Which version of NinjaTrader are you using? (Help > About)

Which build of Interactive Brokers TWS are you using? (Help > About Trader Workstation)
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Robertp75 View Post
      Dear all,

Last time I tried to connect to the brokers server I received a message as attached.
      Could you please what does that mean. Is that a matter of the ninjatrader application itself or is this issue caused by the brokers data feed?
      The translated message means something like this:
      "login failed: No sufficient free threads available at the thread-pool in order to proceed"

Many thanks.

Rob
      Are you using a Virtual Machine?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
        Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Which version of NinjaTrader are you using? (Help > About)

Which build of Interactive Brokers TWS are you using? (Help > About Trader Workstation)
        Dear NinjaTrader_Kyle,

I am using NT7 version
        Ver. 7.0.1000.11! And yes I am using a virtual machine!

Comment

Hi Koganam,

Yes I am using a virtual machine! Is is the virtual machine causing the problem?

Many thanks.

Cheers!

Rob

Comment

Hi Koganam,

Yes I am using a virtual machine! Is is the virtual machine causing the problem?

Many thanks.

Cheers!

Rob
            Unfortunately I cannot say for sure that is so, but the only context that I have ever had it in is when I am running in the Virtual Machine, in which all my active trading is done. Just for troubleshooting purposes I tried running on the Host system instead and have never managed to get the error to show up. I kind of suspect that the many calls that the VM is making to webservices, as it processes the data feed, may sometimes be causing a thread exhaustion.

ref: My case. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...hlight=threads

We never did find an answer, so I just reboot the Virtual Machine, as merely restarting NT did not work.

Here is a web search that may shed more light: http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Th...w=1242&bih=576
            Last edited by koganam; 01-19-2013, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
              Unfortunately I cannot say for sure that is so, but the only context that I have ever had it in is when I am running in the Virtual Machine, in which all my active trading is done. Just for troubleshooting purposes I tried running on the Host system instead and have never managed to get the error to show up. I kind of suspect that the many calls that the VM is making to webservices, as it processes the data feed, may sometimes be causing a thread exhaustion.

ref: My case. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...hlight=threads

We never did find an answer, so I just reboot the Virtual Machine, as merely restarting NT did not work.

Here is a web search that may shed more light: http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Th...w=1242&bih=576
              Dear Koganam,

Many thanks for your reply and for your link regarding the pool-thread issue.
              I am just a little bit disappointed because I was eager to buy a life time license of NT7.
              I wanted to use two independent N7 installtion on one PC with one installation on the main OS and another on a virtual machine. The reason for is one for the strategy trading part and the other for the descretionary trading part. But it seems as NT7 would not support two parallel running applications on two different OS because of the thread-pool issue. Therefore I have to rethink my decision again.

Cheers!

Robert

Comment

Dear Koganam,

Many thanks for your reply and for your link regarding the pool-thread issue.
                I am just a little bit disappointed because I was eager to buy a life time license of NT7.
                I wanted to use two independent N7 installtion on one PC with one installation on the main OS and another on a virtual machine. The reason for is one for the strategy trading part and the other for the descretionary trading part. But it seems as NT7 would not support two parallel running applications on two different OS because of the thread-pool issue. Therefore I have to rethink my decision again.

Cheers!

Robert
                Just do the discretionary trading in the VM. After all, that is the one that is discretionary. If the threadpool gets exhausted, just restart the VM, and continue where you left off. No big deal, as in any case you must be in front of the system in order to do discretionary trading.

As I said, I have not been able to get that error on the host machine, even when I tried to induce it by running multiple, resource intensive, java, web-enabled applications simultaneously with NT.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post bmartz
                by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes