Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem: target and entry interchanged

Hello all

I am using Ninja trader with a demo account in Windows XP. But my windows is in Virtual Box (an application for Mac, you can use windows as a kind of simulation in you mac).

Well, my problem is this. Usually my trades are something like this "Entry: Entry... Exit: Target (or closed)". And this is OK.

BUT... sometimes it uses as Entry my last target or close, and as Exit my next entry. So my benefit (or loss) is the difference between my last target and my next entry, and not between the entry and the exit as it should be.

This happened several times this days, usually when I loss my connection and recover later, or when I turn off the computer (or the program) and restart again.

Also, sometimes when I start the ninja, it appears a position with a very high profit ($300 or something like this) but I never opened it !! when I close, never happen.

I don't know what happens. I am trying to send the ninjatrader.sdf to the support team, but my computer is very slow uploading it, so I decided to put my question here, for if someone of you had the same problem.

I am very frustrated with this.

Thanks!!!

Marco, thanks for the post and sorry to hear about the frustration - what broker / connection are you using with NinjaTrader?

It would be best if we reviewed your diagnostic trace / log files alongside, those could be send in to us via the Help > Mail to Support command, the full DB would not be needed for now.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am using AMP / CQG

When I try to send emails from the Help menu the program doesn't work, that's why I am trying to send you the sdf file.

Comment

If it fails for any reason, you can then still send in the files for review. Email us manually to support at ninjatrader dot com please and attach the trace / log files from the day of the issue. You will find those under the

Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > log / trace folders

WIth CQG, the OCO functionality is managed locally on your PC (http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=5349), so in order to have NinjaTrader manage orders as expected for you, you would need to leave it running and connected live if you're still in a trade.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post bmartz
        by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        4 responses