Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar time on 60 Min Charts

Hello,

I need to backtest a strategy in the ES (I am using the ES ##-## instrument for the backtest) but I am running into a problem with the bars' time.

My Strategy needs to identify the "1 hour before the pits open" bar - this would currently be the 07:30 bar in Chicago time.

But, when I look into a 60 Min ES ##-## chart, I notice that sometimes the bars are built hourly (01:00, 02:00, 03:00...) and other times they start in the half hour (01:30, 02:30, 03:30...)... This way I have trouble to code a "look at the 07:30 bar" strategy.

How can I get a consistent chart - one in which all the 60 min bars start at the same time?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Luiz

Hello Luiz,

That is to be expected. The start times of each bar will be determined by the session template. The default session template for the ES will start on the hour so each bar will be on the hour as well using a 60 Min Chart. You may change or create a new Session Template if you would like to make them start at the half hour but note that the CME did change there hours.

You can select a session template for a Backtest under the Time Frame parameter. You may also view/edit/create session templates in the Session Manager window. You can access the Session Manager by going to Tools -> Session Manager. Below is a link to the Session Manager section of our help guide.

* http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...on_manager.htm

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your fast response!

So, I see that, if I use the "Default 24/7" Session Template all the bars star at the full hour...

Thanks!

All the best,

Luiz

Comment

Hello Luiz,

That is because Default 24/7 will start on the hour as well. You may use the "CME US Index Future RTH" which has a start time of "8:30AM" Central Time to get it to start on the half hour. To view the hours contained in a Session Template you may go to the Tools -> Session Template to open up the Session Template window. Then select the Session Template that you would like to view in the top drop down menu.
        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by wzgy0920, Yesterday, 09:53 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wzgy0920  
        Started by Kensonprib, 04-28-2021, 10:11 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes