Big issue with Range data chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big issue with Range data chart

I´m having a weird issue with a Range charts, that in fact is affecting my backtesting.

The problem is quite simple:

I´m charting a Range 9 chart for May, 15, 2012, all goes well and continues to the next day May 16, the weird problem is when I want to see the same chart but a Range of 8, in that case the chart goes until May 15, time 23:59:59, then it goes directly to after 5:15 pm of May 16, passing by all data before, why?

I´ve revised session template, it´s ok, the time to Flatten all is at 16:59:30pm of every day; and I can´t figure this out.

Any help would be highly appreciated

I've changed the session template from "Forex" to "Default 24/7", and despite they´re just the same, exactly, the results are different....with Default 24/7 I don´t have any problem.

Comment

Originally posted by pstrusi View Post
      I've changed the session template from "Forex" to "Default 24/7", and despite they´re just the same, exactly, the results are different....with Default 24/7 I don´t have any problem.
      Forex session template is Default 24/5, not Default 24/7.

That still does not explain it though, as that time span you are talking about is in the middle of the week. Hm. A conundrum.

Comment

and when I talk they are just the exactly the same is because I modified 24/7 on purpose to be the behavior, something really that I can't explain with my basics concepts on programming.

Well I must go on with my backtestings, I´m almost in my deadline.

Greetings

Comment

pstrusi, which data provider do you use here? Sounds to me like a potentially corrupted cache, which is tied to the session template used, so that would explain why it works on another template chosen as cache is then created fresh. You can delete the complete cache (will keep data stored intact) by closing NT down and then finding this folder : Documents > NinjaTrader7 > DB > Cache. Delete the all the sub(!!) folders seen here and restart NT7 fresh.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What u say makes sense, Bertrand, thanks, I'll do this procedure. I'll let it know if this issue continues.

As always, thanks a lot for your good advices

Comment

Bertrand, you are right, ereasing the bad cache data solved the issue, thanks a lot.

Bertrand another important question:

How can I tweek in the strategy analizer to get just 24 hrs of trading to be evaluated ( from 5.15pm day before untill 5:00pm today ) and no more? cause every optimization, I must manually to evaluate which one was really the best one seeing each one of them to the close 5pm and more. I don´t know why always are included several of the next session

Thanks a lot, this is very important to me cause I spend a lot of time trying to solve this

Comment

Ok, glad to hear. From which timezone are you working (what is your PC set to) now?

I think you already worked with Joydeep on this prior and the suggested fix would have not changed - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d.php?p=309433

This will be targetted for enhancing though as well in our next major update.
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My pc time is set to US Eastern Time ( N.Y ), despite I live in Europe.

I´m glad that issue will be solved in the next update cause it´s really annoying.

Thanks a lot

Comment

This is how I solved it:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by knowmad, Today, 03:52 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post knowmad