Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Converting MA list into instrument list

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Converting MA list into instrument list

    Hi there,

    I have a market analyzer window with about 50-60 stocks listed in it. How can I easily turn this list into an instrument list so that I can run filters, etc? When I try to recreate the list manually, it tells me the instruments already exist. Should I first delete the default instrument lists?

    Any ideas?

    Thanks!

    #2
    Hello olivetreebc,

    If the instrument already exists in the Instrument list that you are trying to add it to then you would not be able to add the same intrument. You may create a new instrument list if you want to use it to inside the Market Analyzer or modify the existing one.

    Click here for a video demonstration on Instrument Lists.

    Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

    Comment


      #3
      Thanks for the info, however I'm still confused on how to turn my MA list into an instrument list.

      Is there a simple way to do this or will i have to delete the default instrument lists (to make sure there are no duplicates) then manually enter each symbol from my MA into instruments?

      Thanks.

      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
      Hello olivetreebc,

      If the instrument already exists in the Instrument list that you are trying to add it to then you would not be able to add the same intrument. You may create a new instrument list if you want to use it to inside the Market Analyzer or modify the existing one.

      Click here for a video demonstration on Instrument Lists.

      Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

      Comment


        #4
        Hello olivetreebc,

        There is not a way to convert an Market Analyzer list to a Instrument list, but once you create an instrument list you may easily apply it to a Market Analyzer by using the Add Instrument List option from within the Market Analyzer window.

        Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by olivetreebc View Post
          Thanks for the info, however I'm still confused on how to turn my MA list into an instrument list.

          Is there a simple way to do this or will i have to delete the default instrument lists (to make sure there are no duplicates) then manually enter each symbol from my MA into instruments?



          Thanks.
          1. Export to Excel (right-click on the Grid). This will export to the default xls handler; I use OpenOffice, on some computers, LibreOffice on others.
          2. Select and copy the relevant column.
          3. Paste into the NT Instrument List import dialog.
          A bit of a runaround, but hey, it gets the job done.
          Last edited by koganam; 01-23-2013, 11:03 AM.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by koganam View Post
            1. Export to Excel (right-click on the Grid). This will export to the default xls handler; I use OpenOffice, on some computers, LibreOffice on others.
            2. Select and copy the relevant column.
            3. Paste into the NT Instrument List import dialog.

            A bit of a runaround, but hey, it gets the job done.
            Thanks for this info. Too bad I already did it manually... oh well, I'll know for next time.

            Comment

            Latest Posts

            Collapse

            Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ErikY, Today, 11:12 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post ErikY
            by ErikY
             
            Started by ericson, Today, 11:11 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post ericson
            by ericson
             
            Started by Tradarr, Yesterday, 06:23 PM
            1 response
            19 views
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jim  
            Started by Behungr101, Today, 10:17 AM
            1 response
            8 views
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_JustinD  
            Started by ezrollin, Today, 10:11 AM
            3 responses
            11 views
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
            Working...
            X