Connection NT to IB TWS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection NT to IB TWS

Hello, I have connected NT to IB TWS. That works fine. I can send in orders. IB has the possibility to use extended order attributes for the orders sent in by using the API. Now I want to preset one or two of those extended attributes (always the same value). Is there any possibility to accomplish that?

Hello Renejm,
    Thanks for your note.

To assist you further can you please further elaborate what do you mean by extended attributes. Are you referring to the order types etc.

I look forward to assisting you further.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

There are several extended order attributes available to set for the IB API like OCA Group (Once cancell all), Order ref and Trail Stop Price for example.

Comment

Hello Renejm,
        NinjaTrader does supports OCO (one cancels other), trial stop orders.

You can take advantage of the ATM strategy templates to use the advanced functionalities. Please refer to our help guide to know more about it.

You can also access the features using automated strategies too (via NinjaScript coding).

Comment

Thnaks for the fast reply. I am using an automated strategy with NT coding. Is there somewhere a description of the syntax to be used for setting those extended attributes? So far I haven't found doeumentation for that to use those attributes for the connection to IB

Comment

Hello Renejm,
            If you are using the managed approach to submit the orders then the stop / targets are already OCO'ed it. For example if you enter a long position and placed a stop and target order (via the Set or the Exit methods) then the stop will automatically get cancelled if the target gets filled.

On the other hand if you are submitting the orders via the Unmanaged approach then you have to specifically refer the OCO string while submitting the orders.
            SubmitOrder(int barsInProgressIndex, OrderAction orderAction, OrderType orderType, int quantity, double limitPrice, double stopPrice, string ocoId, string signalName)

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Any possibilities for additional extended order attributes like the order ref field of IB?

Comment

Hello Renejm,
                Are you referring to the Order id etc. If so then I would suggest looking into the IOrder object from our help guide

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                1 response
                0 likes