Syncing NT with Brokerage Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syncing NT with Brokerage Account

I have read through several posts but I am not clear so I want to ask.

Question: When running a strategy on a chart can NT recognize that the chart strategy has closed a trade by hitting a profit target but the brokerage account has not closed the position and therefore signal the brokerage account to close at market?

For example, today my chart strategy hit a profit target and closed a position. But the price never actually moved "through" the price target to the next tick to trigger my brokerage account to close the trade. The chart strategy showed a profitable trade but in my brokerage account it was breakeven... which messed everything up.

Thanks, Mark.

Hi Mark, thanks for the post. Yes, the strategy realtime feedback would recognize the order placed directly on the brokerage account - however to clarify : were you executing those trades manually on the live brokerage account or did the strategy itself place those exit orders?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,
      The strategy itself was placing the trades in my brokerage account. To clarify the strategy is using limit and stop orders for targets. What is happening is the strategy may hit a limit price and close out a trade but in my brokerage account price wasn't enough to trigger the limit order in my brokerage account. For example, chart strategy is looking for a limit price of 95.31 - which price hits. But in my IB brokerage account price needs to touch 95.32 (a long entry) to trigger the trade. Price never reaches 95.32 and so my target is never reached in my brokerage account so the trade does not close. Therefore, at this point my brokerage account and my chart strategy are out of sync. Actually what I a need to have happen is some slippage.. I really appreciate your help. I hope this explains a little better.
      Mark

Comment

Thanks Mark.

Would you mind contacting us via Help >> Mail to Support so we could review your trace and log files for more insight into the issue?

If the strategy placed the trade and account / strategy position were in sync then the fill of the order would be directly reported to the strategy, as those are real working orders.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post f.saeidi  
        Started by TradeForge, 04-19-2024, 02:09 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes